• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Navistar short block

DieselAmateur

She ain't revved 'til the rods are thrown...
Reaction score
Came across this on the Fakebook, located in NC. For those who don't use Fakebook it's (according to the seller) a Navistar 6.5 short block with a forged crank, balanced rotating assembly and splayed mains. Apparently purchased by the seller at an auction from a defense contractor

Asking price is a chunk of change at 4k, but given how a forged crank alone is nearly 2k it's not unreasonable.

I've also never seen pistons like the ones in it. @Twisted Steel Performance you ever seen this type of machining on the pistons?

1701988944091.jpeg

If someone had the history on the machine work and it was proven to be reputable, it would be a good buy in my opinion. You're right on the crank.

Kennedy's caps. A call to him might yield more information, since it's in NC. He may recall something about it. I know I have a set of wheels that he once owned and he remembered the guys story and occupation, etc. when I asked him.
1701993514134.png

It must be a old build, Kennedy hasn't had caps in many years, I have a set of his here. I like the piston design, I'd like to know the maker, they are hard anodized so they are not machined but are forged or cast like that.

Back