• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

NAPA Gold fuel filter

jcool

#78 A(ACLU) FNG
Reaction score
I had ordered a fuel filter from fleetfilter.com. I recieved it today and wanted to ask if anyone has any negative results from wix/napa gold fuel filters before I install. I know wix is a top notch filter company and figured I would give them a shot, thanks for the input.

I have heard many people say they are just as good as the OEM, and some dislike the filter. I would put one on without any reservations. I have a Cat pre OEM so I only change the AC Delco once a year and I use the OEM since I go by the dealer and can live with paying an extra $6 or so over the wix. If I couldn't get the AC I would go right to NAPA and get the WIX filter.

from what i can find online the wix filters better than the delco's. but then again who is paying for the comparison!

We switched from Baldwin to Napa gold a little over a year ago, mostly for convenience and a slight price decrease since the NAPA store is right across the street. We use around 200 filters a year and havent had any problems. We have a mix of newer and older diesels as well as gas engine vehicles. I cut the majority of diesel fuel filters to check their condition, the NAPA gold seem to be just as heavy as the Baldwin were and similarly constructed.
Not very scientific but thats what I see.

Scott

Just bought a NAPA Gold fuel filter. I had thought I remembered people saying it was a little cheaper then the AC Delco you would get that the dealership so I went to NAPA. Their filter was just as much. $42 for the Gold. I thought I had heard they were somewhere around 25 bucks? I hope it works well.

Just bought a NAPA Gold fuel filter. I had thought I remembered people saying it was a little cheaper then the AC Delco you would get that the dealership so I went to NAPA. Their filter was just as much. $42 for the Gold. I thought I had heard they were somewhere around 25 bucks? I hope it works well.

24 somethin at fleetfilter.com

Back