• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Napa brand parts

I agree with @THEFERMANATOR about Moog. As I stated above, they have an economy line, Quick Steer, that are "white box" and comparable in price to the "House Brand" crap you get at Advance, Zone and O'R, but are not as beefy as the Moog Problem Solver, nor with the upgrades like a better ball assembly or gusher bearing, greaseable, better casting design, etc., than the "white box" or OEM.

I agree with the comments about Rock Auto for a couple of reasons. One, they separate the parts into categories of Economy (cheap, slap it on and get rolling again, like the kid's school beater), Daily Driver (OEM quality/manufacturer for your go to work keep food on the table vehicle) and Premium (extreme duty/off-road) and the parts are rated by the customers for popularity of ordering. The two downsides are shipping time and shipping charges - with shipping charges often times makes the part more expensive than the identical part on eBay or Amazon with their free shipping. I live in a State that charges sales tax on all on-line purchases so that isn't a factor. If it's a project that I'm planning ahead on, I'll compare on-line prices and usually go RA for Name Brand parts.

If it's a "Need It Now" situation, then the local chain parts store - like when I was doing the rear struts, end links and sway bushings on my daughter's 97 Camry, out of curiosity I popped off a drum to see how the shoes were and wow! About 2mm of lining left! So a run over to buy a set of Duralast premium shoes.
I avoid Ebay like the plague and am cautious as all get out of amazon. There is WAY to many counterfeit parts on evilbay, most "new" parts from ebay I've bought have ended up being straight up chinese knock off clones or seconds that have defects the manufacturers won't accept, so the chinese plants sell them on ebay instead of scrapping them. You can buy mishimoto radiators that have flaws in them for $200 a few times a year on the bay & amazon. And unless it ships straight from the manufacturer on amazon, you don't know if it's real or knock off.

Unfortunately there is just to much profit to be made in selling counterfeits.

Back