• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Mystery Shake Solved

guybb3

Reaction score
My suburban has had a shake at about 65-70 mph (depending on winter 65 mph or summer 70 mph tires) for quite some time. Even after rebuiling the front end, taking out the front drive shaft, replacing u-joints, the shake persisted. I just put a rear disc kit in the truck and it's now shake free to 85 mph. The drums must have been out of balance.

Were the drums turned by anybody to your knowledge?

Sometimes the lathes/operators in these stores aren't exactly worth a damn.

I've been fighting a shake in our 96 for about 3 to 4 years. I have new drums here. But, I would rather do the rear disc upgrade

I had a bad wheel cylinder and I knew the drums were original, so I figured the whole rear disc kit wasn't that much more expensive than the drum set up that always gave me trouble. Easy choice to make.

Were the drums turned by anybody to your knowledge?

Sometimes the lathes/operators in these stores aren't exactly worth a damn.

Yes, they had been turned once. I have owned the truck since new.

I had to get 3 drums new , 1 under warranty, as my old ones were warped and moved the brake shoes while rotating. Brand new drum was egg shaped out of the box. The intermittent drag noise while tightening up the adjuster with the wheels spinning didn't go away in 1K miles...

I only have $300 in rebuilding the rear drums with wheel cylinders. Much as I hate obsolete drums: time and cash...

Good pads and tight shoes and they stop good now.

Jamocha.JPG

Seems there are alot of folks that like 'em so much they want the recipie mystery solved.

Places other than Arby's also have Jamocha shakes. Jamocha is basically a coffee/chocolate flavor combination. As for roast beef, if I want the best beef in the world, I'll go downstairs to my freezer and pull out a nice Nebraska Black Angus grass-fed, corn-finished roast from my friend's ranch in the Sandhills. It was a joke, guys.

Ok, glad we cleared up this 'Debacle'.. lol.

Post 7 was a joke as well.

Get it, 'Jamocha shake'.... 'Jigaboo dance'..... 'Harlem shake' :banana:

And Arbys still sucks. It really does. No joking here.

So hunger pains were causing your arms to shake while driving? Or was it the Caffeine? :hijacked:

Back