• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My truck with a new (ted's trucks) GEP

The old precups are cracked. I thought a low mile n/a motor would have good precups but no.
It was obvious that it is a low mile motor but no telling how it was driven.
I sure like it though.
Who is selling a hx40 down pipe. I tow with this and a turbo upgrade is in the near future. I don't fab so a bolt on ATT seems the way to go unless I could find a down pipe.

The old precups are cracked. I thought a low mile n/a motor would have good precups but no.
It was obvious that it is a low mile motor but no telling how it was driven.
I sure like it though.
Who is selling a hx40 down pipe. I tow with this and a turbo upgrade is in the near future. I don't fab so a bolt on ATT seems the way to go unless I could find a down pipe.

Gotcha, thanks.

From reading, the HX40 seems to be a good all around turbo upgrade with the 14cm housing, the ATT is more of a towing turbo due to its large turbine A/R.

ATT is a great all a round turbo, lets not paint it as the "towing turbo" I run mine without a tune on a daily driven 94 Burb and love it, its just a bonus that it does well towing too. The increase in MPG is great.
In my next build (96 truck) I'll be throwing a tune at it and a QSV among other things, Should be interesting

ATT is a great all a round turbo, lets not paint it as the "towing turbo" I run mine without a tune on a daily driven 94 Burb and love it, its just a bonus that it does well towing too. The increase in MPG is great.
In my next build (96 truck) I'll be throwing a tune at it and a QSV among other things, Should be interesting

Ok, so if its a great all around turbo, why do it need the QSV?

You know I don't need a hot rod off the line. I want to roll with a combined weight of 17-18 k.
Like I said earlier I tow in third at 2900 rpm and from what I've read that is home base for the ATT.

It does'int "need" one. I Just want to see what extra performance it may offer. Without a QSV on my Burb the ATT is leaps & bounds better than stock even down low RPM.
I just got the burb back together and will drive it for a few days then throw the latest tune from Dennis in it and see how she does then.

I just don't want to see the trend that pepole start on a product continue with this one. Yes ATT is a great turbo for towing, but its awesome and a huge improvment over stock. So, others that may see this thread will also know its a great all a round turbo and not buy one because they heard "thats a towing turbo"......ect see where Im going?

I was getting 18mpg with 2000 gmc k3500 4x4, auto, rack dump. No tune, 4 inch diamond eye. Bought an HD haven't swapped the turbo yet. I miss it so. Power plus savings. How can you lose?

It does'int "need" one. I Just want to see what extra performance it may offer. Without a QSV on my Burb the ATT is leaps & bounds better than stock even down low RPM.
I just got the burb back together and will drive it for a few days then throw the latest tune from Dennis in it and see how she does then.

I just don't want to see the trend that pepole start on a product continue with this one. Yes ATT is a great turbo for towing, but its awesome and a huge improvment over stock. So, others that may see this thread will also know its a great all a round turbo and not buy one because they heard "thats a towing turbo"......ect see where Im going?

Ok, not trying to start an argument, just trying to get the facts straight, :thumbsup:

Back