• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My shiny new IP :)

Matt Bachand

Depends on the 6.5
Reaction score
Well I jumped in on Bison's score, and I couldn't be happier! These are warranty take-off's. And as we all know, when PMD symptoms struck, the IP/PMD would get changed. This thing looks fantastic! I wasn't expecting it to look this good!:thumbsup: I may have it benched sometime, but if my IP in the truck shit the bed tomorrow, i'd toss this thing in with faith. All capped off with wet diesel inside. This one must have had some sort of short or electrical issue on the connector or resistor between the PMD and the harness.

Thanks Bison!

Attachments

• IP 004.jpg
    IP 004.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IP 005.jpg
    IP 005.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IP 006.jpg
    IP 006.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 7
  • IP 007.jpg
    IP 007.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IP 008.jpg
    IP 008.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IP 009.jpg
    IP 009.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IP 010.jpg
    IP 010.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 7
Looks good Matt, I would bet the IP is OK. Looks clean like the one Bison sent me:thumbsup:

Glad you're happy Matt,I'm sure it works for ye
That fried connection was a dead give away for a dead engine.

Any other folks in need of a dealer warranty take off?
,i got a 5288 that had a stone dead PMD(PMD just tested on my own truck)
Looks just as good as Matt's.

Glad you're happy Matt,I'm sure it works for ye
That fried connection was a dead give away for a dead engine.

Any other folks in need of a dealer warranty take off?
,i got a 5288 that had a stone dead PMD(PMD just tested on my own truck)
Looks just as good as Matt's.

I wouldn't mind a spare hanging around.

I need to find out what my 98 uses though...

PM me a price perhaps?

:smile5:

Cool! WTH did they do to the PMD plug?

Looks like someone got hungry during the warranty exchange of that IP.

Since this thread is about IPs, I just want to give everyone a friendly reminder. If your engine starts acting up, stalling, hard starting, lopey idle, no power, SES light don't jump to the IP straight away. Mine was doing this, and it turned out the Optic sensor gave up the ghost. It had no signal at all when cranking or running when hooked to my buddies oscilloscope.

Moral of the story, it's not just the IP which can freak out. A bad OS can act like a failing IP. If one were to change the IP, the problem would've been gone since the OS was still replaced, but all that effort to swap the pump would not have been needed.

Not freaking out, just a score on dealer take-offs is good deal. Even if its toast there must be some hardparts inside there worth more than what I paid. Just nice to have unit in hand. I can take out the inlet and bore it out for FTB style, then toss it in my rig for an easy afternoon project without risk in my mind of leaving the truck down!!

Not freaking out, just a score on dealer take-offs is good deal. Even if its toast there must be some hardparts inside there worth more than what I paid. Just nice to have unit in hand. I can take out the inlet and bore it out for FTB style, then toss it in my rig for an easy afternoon project without risk in my mind of leaving the truck down!!

Not a bad idea Matt. I've got a DS4 kicking around here for just that purpose(parts). I've yet to do the FTB on the filter housing though. Some day....

I can take out the inlet and bore it out for FTB style, then toss it in my rig for an easy afternoon project without risk in my mind of leaving the truck down!!

This is exactly what I did with the piece from my old pump. It's also nice to have a spare, then you have room for an oops.

Just to add my 2 cents:

Received my pump last week.

Well packed, exactly as described (even included the dead PMD so I could see the paint witness marks) and shipped fast (I was away when it arrived, so it was even earlier than last week).

You can deal with this man with confidence he'll do the right thing by you!

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back