• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My new shop

Nice!

Will you run a vertical post or two in an area where you can set really heavy things? Near the area where a vise would be for example.

...or get really slick and make up a couple fold down legs that can swing down when needed but are up out of the way otherwise.

Nice!

Will you run a vertical post or two in an area where you can set really heavy things? Near the area where a vise would be for example.

...or get really slick and make up a couple fold down legs that can swing down when needed but are up out of the way otherwise.
If needed I will, it's strong as it is, it will hold me and Brenda and not move at all...

Once the ceiling is up add a border to the outside within the large building and use blow-in insulation to cover the ceiling. Then later when you want, it'll be ready to install air conditioning for the shop!!

Do you have any rat runs above the ceiling? They make it easier for doing any sort of maintenance or for when you run lights, etc. I see you have your electric ran up there, but just in case.

You can lay a 2x6 or 2x8 on its side between the trusses and it gives you a place to walk. Screw down to the top side of the bottom stringer so it doesn't move around. If your span is too far then screw a vertical 2x6 or 2x8 upright to the side to create an angle for the needed support. Stagger the vertical with the horizontal so joints aren't together.

Not sure what your asking?

The wiring for lights is already in place in the ceiling, the light strips plug in and will hang down via 6" cable, lights haven't arrived yet.

The rafters are beefy and tied to the truss and the trusses sit on the walls. No movement at all, I jacked each truss up a little when standing the walls up then let them down on the walls.

Back