• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My New Kenworth

Im currently looking for a 18spd trans, N14 engine, 36-48" Flat top sleeper and a KW 8 bag air rid cut off for my W900A. I Know sounds like one hell of a list of parts why didnt i start with a better truck? Because I got this one for scrap price and put a new oil cooler on it, charged the batteries and it ran for a couple minutes. But it had been sitting for 4 years and i didnt change the fuel. When i drained the tank I got 1/2 water, 1/2 fuel and a ton of algae. Gotta steam the tanks out and flush the lines and filter and then try running it again, one I get a few other things done.

I have decided I am going to chop the top on the cab and sleeper about 4-6". So I will also be looking for another roof skin to use for making the longer roof needed to accomodate the chop. I will also be buying an Extended hood for it as well. Kinda looking to get the cutoff first though so that I can take it in and have the frame stretched and the new cutoff installed. I figured since I was putting a different cutoff under it I might as well stretch it some. Frame rail is cheap, its the labor that isnt. Ill be doing the majority of the stretch work just having a shop do the actual cutting an welding. I trust myself with most eveyrthing, but still dont feel comfortable stretching a truck in my shop. Im thinking someting in the 280s or so. wouldnt go 300 though. If it was just purely going to be a show truck I would but I plan on using it to haul the pulling tractor around. Once I get the frame done then i can start the process of moving the cab back (for the longer hood) mounting the sleeper, making Deck plate, making bumper etc etc.

heres some pics i did of a W900A with a long hood to show the different levels of chop.

stock
w900aexhd2.jpg

4"
w900aexhd4inchchop.jpg

6"
w900aexhd6inchchop.jpg

8"
w900aexhd8inchchop.jpg

16"
w900aexhd16inchchop.jpg

Like I said im probably going in the 4-6" range.

Boy do plans change eh? I dont think I will be meeting that one year goal haha. I would like to have it done in the next 2 though.

I have decided to use this truck to haul our pulling tractor around as soon as we get a drop van for it. So I am focused on getting it done, sometime. I have a couple things to get done first though. one is the farms equipment is all broke and I have to get caught up on that, have to get the pulling tractor through the rest of the season, have to take the wrecked 03 Dmax I bought and my 03 Dmax and make one driveable truck out of them, then get the pulling tractor ready for 2012, and work on the KW whenever I can in between all of that.

Since I will be using it I have come to more realistic goals. I would like to put an 18spd Eaton in it, and an N14. Of course i wouldnt leave the motor all stock though. Interior wise I am going to make it so that I can recline the seats back into the sleeper, the sleeper will have a nice couch in it for people to ride to the pulls.

thats as far as ive thought for now.

I got W900A on thursday, could you take pic of swithes in dash? some of previous owners has lost all plates from dash so i'd like to know what all switches are supposed to do.

I chimed in with my opinion on the 'chop'. Was it *that* offensive? Now the post 'appears' to be gone. Am I missing something?

Just curious.

edit: Hello-ohhhh..:hello:

found it, I'll be ok, really. I will. Be.. Ok.

Last edited:
Yep, ha ha. What a dim-wit...:hihi: :rolleyes5:

Dim-wit, Nope! ;)

It is hard to keep up with threads on stuff. Especially when someone post the same thing in two different locations.

Maybe just maybe we can blame it on old age! :D

Back