• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My new Car carrier motorcycle hauler

Sweet Rig, I didn't realize that you had those massive fog lights, Those aren't factory, right?

Pictures before I left

Here's the day I left loaded and where I mounted the brake control.

Attachments

• trailer 042.jpg
    trailer 042.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 19
  • trailer 043.jpg
    trailer 043.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 21
  • trailer 044.jpg
    trailer 044.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 12
  • trailer 040.jpg
    trailer 040.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 15
  • trailer 041.jpg
    trailer 041.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 14
Man i really dont think you will like it, if need be i can take it off your hands so you wont suffer):h. As far as V-nose VS flat nose, i dont know. My 14' V-nose is like towing a parachute, sometimes i wonder if the more surface area of the V-nose is actually worse due to more surface for wind drag :confused:.

Oh, cool, i thought ours was the newest. Sweet. One question about the original Prodigy, how do you use the boost feature? I couldn't get it to work last night when towing the horse trailer.

I'm a big Newbie to brake controllers but being my first real experience with this trip it worked great! My personal preference is to have the trailer led the braking and with the boost settings it's very easy to accomplish although there is a slight delay. This could be because I didn't actually set the unit up as per instruction on the initial empty parking lot test and adjust voltage. This is something I will do before my next tow.

Other than that I wouldn't tow without a brake controller. This particular trailer has a heavier net weight than the 18' Aluminum open car trailer I've hauled previously.

The Open trailer empty there was IMO no need for additional stopping brake assist. But this Enclosed trailer with a higher net weight empty I found there was a need for brake assist at approx 4300 LBS.

The P3 plug and play installation was a breeze. Takes longer to get a knot out of a shoe lace then install this unit!

Back