• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My new Car carrier motorcycle hauler

MACKIN

The Original Sheriff
Reaction score
I said I'd post some pictures and when I get it loaded up Thursday for it's maiden voyage for our fall foliage run I'll get some more for you. I was just plain lazy today to pull it out and drop the ramp.

Pace 2008 24'x8.5 Ralley GS 10,000 GVW finished interior. I have my wife coming to the shop tomorrow to scrub clean wax the floor. :ihih:''I have it set up right now for the 4 bikes I'll be hauling.

Attachments

• duster 025.jpg
    duster 025.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 56
  • duster 001.jpg
    duster 001.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 22
  • duster 002.jpg
    duster 002.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 18
  • duster 003.jpg
    duster 003.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 29
  • duster 004.jpg
    duster 004.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 17
More to come next week.

Attachments

• duster 005.jpg
    duster 005.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 11
  • duster 006.jpg
    duster 006.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 13
  • duster 027.jpg
    duster 027.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 14
That is a very nice trailer!

What is the payload capacity?

Is the floor wide enough at the wheel wells to be able to load a car?

That is a very nice trailer!

What is the payload capacity?

Is the floor wide enough at the wheel wells to be able to load a car?

Roughly 5,700 LBS. The car I'll be hauling will be roughly 3,000. So 10,000 GVW worked well for me. Yes the pictures are deceiving. Like any trailer I'll have about 16" to squeeze out of the car. Gotta stay slim or get a winch.

I measured my car very well before hand.

Nice Mac. I drug my buddies up to Sturgis this year and they are nice. A load-dis hitch isn't nessary but it really helps out. If yours has the 8ply tires, ditch'em. I found that the maxis 10 ply work GREAT! Speaking of hauling bikes :banghead: You might want to invest in a radio camera system. Chris didn't tie his bike down well and ...well... umm... the FAT BOY and the trailer had an argument, both scathed but the trailer won. A simple 300 dollar camera system will give you peace of mind. I've tried several products for bugs but good O'le WD-40 seems to work wonders. Heck, if you know the bugs will be thick (like luv bugs, ect) just spray it before you leave. OH, the AC units from PACE work pretty well but it does take a while to cool off. A nice coat of SUPER THERM on top would probably do for you.

Nice Trailer Mac. :drool5:

Nice Mac. I drug my buddies up to Sturgis this year and they are nice. A load-dis hitch isn't nessary but it really helps out. If yours has the 8ply tires, ditch'em. I found that the maxis 10 ply work GREAT! Speaking of hauling bikes :banghead: You might want to invest in a radio camera system. Chris didn't tie his bike down well and ...well... umm... the FAT BOY and the trailer had an argument, both scathed but the trailer won. A simple 300 dollar camera system will give you peace of mind. I've tried several products for bugs but good O'le WD-40 seems to work wonders. Heck, if you know the bugs will be thick (like luv bugs, ect) just spray it before you leave. OH, the AC units from PACE work pretty well but it does take a while to cool off. A nice coat of SUPER THERM on top would probably do for you.

Nice Trailer Mac. :drool5:

Thanks for all the advice!

as far as heat goes...do you have it fully insulated?

I had mine insulated and wired and braced for A/C...
(I've got a unit waiting to go on)

but to be honest...that insulation has made it so much nicer, I don't really know if I need the A/C unit...of course we had a milder summer this year...so I may just wait and see what happens next year...

I may add the roof coating as suggested by Richard...I came up with a leak and if that will seal it, then thats my ticket...especially if it cools it even more...

Supertherm has a rating of 19 if applied to the outter skin and a 10 year warranty not to peel chip or crack. I think it's around 32 if you spray the inside as well. Heck, I don't know what the insulated ratings are for trailers but I highly doubt they have a 19. My buddy's trailer is decked out with insulation, AC, an awning, electric jack and a 6k gen set.... and was still HOT in the trailer.

That thing is incredible. Do the V-Noses offer any increase in mileage or anything? I realize that its like moving a brick wall through the air but those V's gotta do something over the conventional flat nose.

That thing is incredible. Do the V-Noses offer any increase in mileage or anything? I realize that its like moving a brick wall through the air but those V's gotta do something over the conventional flat nose.

Honestly I'd hate to be towing this pig around without one...

attachment.php

Vee nose vs flat front.....
Buddy and I both bought a 20' 7k cargo express tandem axle traile, same every thing, other than mine was a vee and his is flat. I pulled both trailers, about 500 miles, the flat nose got .5 miles to the gallon MORE... He pulled both trailes with a power choke, got 1 mile More with the Flat front. Needless to say mine is gone and I got a flat nose 24' 10k now. Not Quite a fancy as Mac's but that is what the toy haulers is for :)

Mac, nice looking rig. Now load up and get the H_ _ _ out of the office and go ride.

Nice Pepp,nice.

As far as towing my Bike this trailer was bought more for my car than anything but it does open up Bike trips for 'our' group of Friends.

There is a few things that cause me in general to tow my bike on weekend week excursions.

1) My bike isn't set up for touring. Carrying enough baggage for more than a overnight isn't feasible. Down the road some day I will buy a Street glide.
2) Weather unpredictable
3) And he biggest whiny wives,yes I have one. :D

Trust me if the 'guys' wanted to jet off for a bike week I'd toss on my solo seat a backpack on my back and I'd be gone! Most of the times when we have gone on weekends a truck/car slash gear and wives carrier was always there for a chase vehicle.

The trailer is JUST big enough for me and the car to do shows and events that I can rest up in it for the night. I already own a generator so all the comforts will be available.

I do wish I bought the AC unit but I can always install afterwords. I just couldn't pass up this deal and the trailer was JUST what I was looking for. AC wasn't gonna be the deal breaker and they offered to install before PU but I decided to wait.

I'm not concerned with fuel economy if I were crap I never would have hot rodded my truck to begin with but I have heard the same that V-nose verses standard was no major difference in lose of economy.

Spent the day Saturday gearing it up and installed a borrowed brake controller for a test.

Thursday I'll take some more pictures hooked up and loaded up. Thanks for the compliments!

You have great taste. I'm lovin your setup. Question: why haul your bike? I guess I can see haulin the Dodge around when it's done...but bikes?

Hey it's a Plymouth! Aint no Dodge. If it were a Dodge it have to be a Demon.......... :ciappa:

When my wife and I were out Saturday night we seen a sweet Plymouth Fury 65 -68 era restored real nice. We were stopped right next to it and when it left the light turning left it was fight en for traction barking the tires in his wide sweep. Even my wife said that she is getting kind of excited about next summer cruising around in the Duster!

Back