• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My new billet toy!!

turbovanman

I has boost, :O)
Reaction score
I already have a factory billet 6 blade 56mm wheel but always wanted a billet 60mm wheel so I treated myself and bought this. I started off with a 7 blade HX35 wheel, then put the 6 blade on, made a noticeable difference in spool, more peak boost, lower IAT'S, lower cruising boost and lower drive pressures without touching the fuel, so I'll note the difference with this one.

I bought a cast 60mm wheel, I was going to put that on but this came up. Compared to the cast wheel, they are both 60mm inducers, the exducer on the cast is 84.6mm, the billet is an extended tip at 90.2 mm, total height is higher on the billet and weight wise, 14.2 vs 12.5.

When you say 7 blade, was it the 7 blade 53-54mm wheel vs a 6 blade 56mm?

The original HX35 wheel I used was a 7 blade 53/76 and it flows more than the 8 blade wheel. I bought a Volvo HX40 and it has the factory billet wheel, 6 blade 56/85, I've been running that wheel for 8 months or so.

The 3 wheels below are the HX40 billet wheel, 7 blade HX35 and the bottom left is a GT35R wheel.

First thing to pop out at me was the smaller hub on the billet wheel by what looks like a good couple millimeters, very nice.

Yeah, that's one of the selling features, lol, more blade area. I'll measure that difference too.

Going to have to wait to put it on, waiting for my rebuild kit to show up, found a "decent" kit for a reasonable price, I'll post up where to buy them if it is legit.

Have to get my drive pressure gauge fixed to I can compare.

I got a rebuild kit for my HX35 from KT Performance. Awesome kit. About $50 bucks. Came with everything plus a magnet and some other things. I'd recommend them for rebuild kits

I got a rebuild kit for my HX35 from KT Performance. Awesome kit. About $50 bucks. Came with everything plus a magnet and some other things. I'd recommend them for rebuild kits

Cool, that's what I paid for this one.

Where is KT located? Is it a non China kit? Magnet?

With your ATT, what boost got you those numbers? Why did you put the HX35 back on?

Florida. Don't think its china parts. Looked quality. And I never put the HX "back on". Just put it on to try it out. Got it for $100 bucks. Couldn't turn it down. Wasn't for lack of enjoying the ATT. I made the 274rwhp run at roughly 10psi, give or take. It has been a while since then. Can't remember exacts. It want much boost wise though. Well within factory tolerance.

Thanks, good to know for different options.

Ahhh, just wondering as your sig says HX35. Can't complain over a $100, :agreed:

Not at all. Even with the rebuild kit I'm not gonna turn down a good turbo for $150 overall. An the more options I try, the more I know and learn

Not at all. Even with the rebuild kit I'm not gonna turn down a good turbo for $150 overall. An the more options I try, the more I know and learn

Agreed. I wish I could try more options but with my exhaust setup, I don't feel like welding another downpipe.

I might try an HX40 turbine as I have a 12cm HX35 housing machined to fit the HX40 turbine, that is going on my turbo Caravan when I decide to un-retire her.

You gonna tell us where you got this beautiful extended tip billet flow monster or are you keeping it a secret? How much? Spill the beans!!!!!!

Back