• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Carputer

Suburbank2500

Reaction score
Some year ago i made a "Carputer"
With internet access, Radio, Cell phone control,OBD diagnostic(GMTD Scan-tech), backup cameras, movie, music, and the usual pc programs.

Backup camera is wiewed in the sun screen, i can switch between left and right camera on the monitor.
Movies can be watched on the carputer or in the monitor in the glovebox.
Added USB ports on the dash for Bluetooth and other stuff.
DVD player in the roof console for the monitor in the glove box.( ripped from a nextbase portable player.)

Børge

Attachments

• 065 (1).jpg
    065 (1).jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 065 (2).jpg
    065 (2).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 065 (3).jpg
    065 (3).jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 065 (4).jpg
    065 (4).jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 065 (5).jpg
    065 (5).jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 065 (6).jpg
    065 (6).jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 065 (7).jpg
    065 (7).jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 065 (8).jpg
    065 (8).jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 065 (9).jpg
    065 (9).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 22
Nice job on the installation. I think you were way ahead of everybody with some of it.

Awesome job; you're a fiberglass master. Those gauges look really good in that overhead console, I think that's where my fuel pressure and exhaust back pressure gauges are going to go.

I'm interested in how you managed to mold your center console to have such smooth curves and even that curve/bump out on the passengers side of it. Looks very professional; I want to learn how to mold fiberglass like this.

Very nice truck all around.
In USA (maybe Norway?) the Infinity FX35 has a optional camera system that allows you to see 360* around the car on one screen with 4 cameras. When veiwing the monitor its like an overhead view looking down on your car. Very cool. It makes backing up absolutely easy for anyone. You can see the curb on right/left side and where you are backing to it highlighted with some lines.

I'm interested in how you managed to mold your center console to have such smooth curves and even that curve/bump out on the passengers side of it. Looks very professional; I want to learn how to mold fiberglass like this.

Google "fiberglass kick panels".

Same techniques, different application....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi dully its not so very hard you know.
I started with a cardboard piece, and a Profile pattern gauge, then i transfered this to plywood, and fixed the distance between the two sidewalls.
Then i used a dens plate that is very much like the expanding building foam. Its used by boatbuilders to make hulls longer, and more. Its very strong when you fiberglass it on both sides.
i used polyester to fix them toghether in the thickness i wanted, then its just so sand the into the shape you want. They are very nice to sand and cut shapes in. Then i used very fine fibercloth to create a outher shell.
Because of the inner plywood plates you will have a good base for fixing the interior pieces.
Paint it any color desired, and enjoy it.

Børge

Attachments

• 503629300_1.jpg
    503629300_1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Bilde004.jpg
    Bilde004.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Bilde015.jpg
    Bilde015.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 9
  • Bilde016.jpg