• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My beach story....Duramax vs Powerstroke

WhitetailAddict

Recruit
Reaction score
I was in OC a couple of weeks ago cruisin on a Friday night. There were imports everywhere, but none of them wanted to race a "farm truck".
So I just kept cruisin and checking out the girls when I caught clearence lights w/lights on the mirrors a few cars back, powerstroke.
He weaved his way through traffic and caught up to me. Got beside me and started spooling his turbo, I did the same. We stop at a light and the passenger is hollering across the driver telling me how "bad fast" this truck is and "he's got all kinds of stuff done to it" "he's got a D9" Whatever that is, DP tuner maybe, it had a monitor on the a-pillar.
The lanes were blocked so we couldn't take off. We get to the next light and there is a car ahead of him and my lane is clear, I stayed back and lined up beside him. The driver says " When the light turns we'll wait 5 seconds then go" "I'll count down, we'll go on 5". Me "ok". Light turns green, he hits five, we take off. All I can see is hazy clearance lights gettin smaller in my right side mirror. I beat him by a trucklength and a half to the next light. He pulled off immediately. I guess the "bad fast powerstroke" didn't want to play with the D-Max anymore.

Cool ending- Then while sitting at the light I hear a girl say "Nice Chevy". I look to my left and she is in the passenger side of the rice rocket (which looks like it is straight out of the fast and the furious) in the next lane. Me "thanks". Her "Chevy beats Ford anyday". Me "haha I just did back there". Her " Yeah, I saw you we were behind you". Then the light changed and they were gone I tried to catch up but got caught in traffic. I wanted to ask her if she wanted to get out of that import and into a real vehicle. Last I saw of them a cop had them pulled over later that night.

Nice! Too bad you didn't think of asking her about getting in your truck sooner. If I only had a nickel everytime I heard a Powerstroke owner say their truck was "bad fast" or anything like that, I would be one rich man!

Last edited:
Back