• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My 6.5

TractorTruck

Reaction score
I love my POS 94 Chevy Silverado. It has a 6.5L Turbo Diesel with a DS4 pump. Stock manifolds with a high flow crossover. I lopped off the T3 flange and welded a T4 flange on to the stock manifold. I have a Turbonetics 60 Series turbo. I chose the turbo because I am a big fan of the Detroit Diesel and the 6.5 was a Detroit Diesel for GM. And it was not what DD had in mind but this is what GM gave us. Now, back to my motor. The Turbo has a .86 AR on the turbine and a .60 in the compressor. She is not much out of the hole from a dig my buddy would say cause he's a big drag racer. But boy does she weave through traffic just fine. She barks the tire/tires in the turns no problem and since I emptied the bed and cleaned out the truck she does 0-60 in 12-13.5 seconds. Oh and by the way, her name is Silvia. I have a 3 inch inducer on my turbo and plumbing to match with a high flow air filter. The big dumb Spectre.
If I break torque the motor from a dead roll. A dig, she will jump out of a stop light like a bat out of hell and keep moving. Hence the idea of a trans break system later for the truck. My drag buddy has a lot of useful ideas to help get more power. I know, shame on me, what a jerk, I want MORE power. LOL. I have no soot trap and I my exhaust system is simple, 3" off the turbo to a 3" dual Y pipe, 3" dual all the way back. She is loud. You can hear her coming about a block and a half away. But Loud is safe, especially on the highway cause you can bump the peddle faster than you can find the horn.
She's my NO BS everyday truck and I've seen her down to the crank and back, I get to open the trans next..... it slips in overdrive.... I know.... I broke it, but the rebuild is ohhhhhhhhhhh so fun.

Back