• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Multi-stage PCM

Removing the flash chip isn't the issue. Easily done with a low temp soldering station.

The problem is he hardware and a software interface to run it all.

I was two steps away from real time tuning for obdII trucks. Not a multichip, but the ability to change cal values on the fly. But my programmer backed out and I don't have the programming knowledge he did. All I needed was support added to an existing program for specific hardware, but it never came to be....

Yup, that's it ak.

I don't know what are the differences, pros and cons OBD-2 vs OBD-1

I know that from 1997 and upwards, they added ON Star navigation and EVO steering, and, other than that, I don't know what OBD-2 brings more than OBD-1, except a may be more complete interface for scanners.

I drove OBD-1 and OBD-2 trucks, I don't see drastics improvement from OBD-1 to OBD-2

So, retrofitting an OBD-1 ECM in a 1996+ truck will transform it back in a OBD-1 truck, but will allow it to access 6 levels of power?

Remember the purpose for OBD I and OBD II was mandated by legislation to provide information to trouble shoot the cars by anyone with a simple code reader. OBD II just gives more information.

Back