• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

muffler or straight pipe?

I run MBRP's 4" with cat and muffler deleted. I love the sound and performance over stock. It is quiet when cruising through town. WOT def. turns heads, gets real loud, love it!

I've got the MBRP 4" turbo back with the muffler set to straight thru...too loud...especially under load towing...will turn the Muffler around first and if that does not do it...will add the MBRP Resonator...

does anyone have a problem with spool up times staight piped? seems that without the restriction that it would have a problem spooling. just wondering cuz myn isnt loud enough yet.

I have run a straight pipe for about 4 years now. It does sound pretty good, but the drone in the cab is annoying if you go above 65.

I just bought the corsa system to replace the straight pipe. I drive 150 miles round trip at about 75 mph every day to work...It just got to be too annoying. I also recently moved into a tight subdivision...and leave for work about 5:30am.

I must be getting old:rolleyes5:

I removed the muffler on my stock setup first...a little better. Then I found a used Silverline exhaust (with muffler)....sounded pretty good but still too quiet. Got rid of the muff and added a piece of aluminum and a couple couplings....bam, sounds amazing. I love it!

Back