• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Mu suburbans new interior

kojo

diesel head
Reaction score
What you like my burbs new interior? I'll change door panels when i get some time, i already have front panels fron yukon denali. :D
img2318.jpg

My burb is -95 and those seats are from 2003.
I really like this update.. by the way does anyone know what are those all wires in drivers seat? thinner orange and black are for adjustments, but there is lot of other wires which are now disconnected :rolleyes5:

Lumbar works with those orange and black wire, but others really could be heat and something else. is there memory or something in newer rigs? there is some box under drivers seat where goes lot of wires.

Those seats aren't direct fit, i had to make adapter, but it is under that new floor mat so it is not visible

where did you get the seats and what did they cost. I have been contemplating this for my 99. Did you do the middle and back row's as well?

I believe the black box under your seat is the airbag sensor. Be careful you don't want to set that off! Also my 00 Burb has memory seats so I would think that 03 would have it also.

The SDM (airbag module) in a 99+ truck is UNDER the driver's seat bolted to the floor. The only possible airbag wiring would be if the seats had side impact airbags, in which case, you would easily be able to see them. Any airbag wiring will have it's own yellow connector with a locking pin.

Off the top of my head I know that there are two wires for the seatbelt, a host of them for power (heated, adjustment, lumbar) and if they had memory they probably had a class 2 Serial Data wire going to them. Some trucks also had a transmission indicator wire going to them for what reason I have no idea. The 2001 truck I pulled my PWDL wirign harness from did, but my 2002 didn't.

Yeah, truck really looks and feels brand new now, but its like old jeans, its much more comfortable than brand new :D
I bought those seats from ebay, In picture they were dirty and wet so nobody else offered anything, so i got them by starting price which was under $100 (shipping to my friend in us and container freight to here was different story)
I got only front seats and my middle and back rows are used very rarely and originals are in good shape so i made only front seats and new carpet.
I'll attach some pictures here so you could better see what is done.

Lot of parts disassembled :rolleyes5:

25509004.jpg

adapters, these must be heavy because seatbelts are in new seats, but if those will broke i'm sure there wouldn't be any survivors from that crash anyway :eek:
p2405091954.jpg

Little maintenance while floor was visible, that gray stuff is zink spray, it protects very well from rust and could be painted if needed. ):h
p240509141701.jpg

The SDM (airbag module) in a 99+ truck is UNDER the driver's seat bolted to the floor. The only possible airbag wiring would be if the seats had side impact airbags, in which case, you would easily be able to see them. Any airbag wiring will have it's own yellow connector with a locking pin.

Off the top of my head I know that there are two wires for the seatbelt, a host of them for power (heated, adjustment, lumbar) and if they had memory they probably had a class 2 Serial Data wire going to them. Some trucks also had a transmission indicator wire going to them for what reason I have no idea. The 2001 truck I pulled my PWDL wirign harness from did, but my 2002 didn't.
Probably for the easy exit feature.

What did you make the adapters out of?

Iron, 2 inch wide and about 3/16" thick (if i can count right, homever 50mm x 5mm)
Welded from both sides and bolted to floor from 5 points (4 of them are old seat or seat belt retaining points)

Back