• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ms. Warthog and Igor are looking for Dr."Cummins"tein

That is going to be a great truck!

I destroyed one of those trucks in my younger years, when low riders, chopped tops, and such was the cool thing. I Cant find finished pics of it but here is one after getting the top chopped down to the final height of roof -took out 12” pillars. After channeling the body and suspension/ hydraulics, etc. it was 39” to the top. 5879041F-ED84-497B-A137-119E9E69EE88.png

Will, from pics or what you have posted I seem to recall you are a big bugger, did you remove the seat and just have a whoopy cushion on the floor? :happy:

I was 6’2” and only about 160 then. (Now shorter and fat) yeah, I mounted a couple junkyard seats right on the floor. Tip of my nose was equal to top of dash board. I lowerd the steering column to angle it back to me more. The seats were sitting in there if ya zoom in. Also note the “H” channel iron at the rear of the frame? Mount for the dump bed which became a spinning dump bed and butterfly opening snug top. Somewhere there is a tv show with it in there on lowered trucks. You can see the bed spinning WAY fast while bed is dumping and the snug top opening (think opposite of gullwing doors). I learned the real guys didn’t do the spinning bed like I did- a flywheel and starter from a semitruck on a rheostat. Messed up once and forgot to unplug electrical before spinning- Shorted wires and killed the truck going down the Vegas strip right in front of circus circus. Would’ve been ok if I had it registered or insurance on it. That was a big ticket day! haha.

hey, sorrys for sidetracking/ hijacking your thread-
I see the grille cut out - lights going there i. The future?
Whats that hidden below that brand new- or amazingly perfect original bumper?
Man I miss real metal, chrome bumpers...

Back