• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

MPG increase with B20?

Will

Boobies make me happy
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has noticed a increase when running this. They are building a bio fuels station here in town and I'm kinda anxious to try it. Anything else I should be aware of when using it?

its basically the same just lubricates better.

Change filters often and in the winter either dont run it or back off to lower than B5.

I recently started running B11 about every other tank. I haven't seen any difference in mpg but I like the lubrication factor. When cold weather hits I won't run it at all. Not worth the jell risk.

I recently started running B11 about every other tank. I haven't seen any difference in mpg but I like the lubrication factor. When cold weather hits I won't run it at all. Not worth the jell risk.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet that your mileage will actually go down. Bio is great for lubrication - in fact, it rated #1 in the Spicer lubricity study - but the stuff is lower in raw BTU's than #2. The real attractive thing about bio is that you can brew your own for pennies and/or it's essentially a renewable fuel.

Now... B20 probably won't hit your mileage by much, but plenty of guys have reported mileage hits when running higher concentrations of bio... but then again, most of those guys are brewing their own for 60-80 cents per gallon.

:noidea:

I'm kinda thinking I'm taking a 1/2 mpg hit from the B11. I'm testing that right now with a couple of straight #2 tanksfull.

i ran b5 for a while and never saw any changes at all. it was a bit quieter running but thats all. a buddy runs b20 or so now fo the summer and hasn't complained at all. i just put my big tune in his truck for him and it was every bit as powerful.

I don't have any idea where to find the stuff (SE Wis) so, have never tried it.

My uncle in Nebraska has ran bio in his 2003 ford 7.3. He did notice a little less fuel mileage than #2. Jerry.

Back