• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

mp8 and race valve

GRLSDMAX

Reaction score
I purchased a used MP8 from a member off another forum. I installed it all today. Truck cranked up and idled fine. But whenever I turn the mp8 up the truck doesn't seem to go anywhere while driving?? When your driving normal it seems ok when its turned up, kinda sluggish but when you floor it the truck doesn't really rev or go or anything..Its fine stock if I turn it all the way down.. Any ideas?? Its like it wants to rev and go but it just doesn't.. Do I need to install my PPE Race valve for this mp8 or does that have anything to do with it? Any help greatly appreciated. THanks!

Edit now the truck does want to go past 2000rpms whether I got it on 0 or knob turned up.. And when it hits 2k it starts bucking. Did I limp the trans? Hell the truck wouldn't even run right to begin with.. The check engine light didn't come on until I unplugged the mp8 and tried to crank it.

Edit now the truck does want to go past 2000rpms whether I got it on 0 or knob turned up.. And when it hits 2k it starts bucking. Did I limp the trans? Hell the truck wouldn't even run right to begin with.. The check engine light didn't come on until I unplugged the mp8 and tried to crank it.

Does it work normal with the mp8 unplugged?

Does it work normal with the mp8 unplugged?

What do you mean? Leaving the MP8 harness on the truck and unplugging the mp8 module off the harness?? I tried that and the truck just turned over and then when I plugged the mp8 back in and cranked it the truck threw a check engine light..

Should the truck crank up and run fine if the mp8 is unplugged off the harness??

Back