• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Mowing Pasture Today

btfarm

America First!
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to do some pasture mowing today. Hot and dirty as usual. But I always get to see some interesting nature. Had a big redtail following me all over. Here he is sitting on a tree branch keeping an eye on me.
20130907_164220.jpg

I think it was less of him keeping an eye on you, and more of him keeping an eye out for the rodents you chased up! ;)

Yeah, he had a good size fresh kill up there with him he had just picked up right next to me.
Couple more pics.

20130907_164349 (1).jpg 20130907_161504 (2).jpg

I was mowing the areas that are too hilly or rough to cut and bale. I have a very hilly 15+ acre pasture. The corn behind is former pasture I had as rental ground that got sold out from under me. It's ok though since I was just sub-leasing it out for hay since I gave up on livestock in '07.

I like to bush hog sometimes even hot and dirty its easier work than weed eating and some other stuff. Its kind of my time and helps relieve stress. Especially when I am in my cab tractor but still enjoy my little tractor when the weather is nice. Most times its all fun and games until you hit a hornets nest. I was bush hogging Thursday and backing into some underbrush and hit some type of hornet nest and got stung on my back and inside elbow. Not sure what they were. I don't think they were yellow jackets but could have been. I slapped the one off my arm and luckily was going forward so kept going and got out of there. I'll wait til its colder to clean that area up. Now I will be jumpy every time a grasshopper lands on me because they sometimes feel like a bee getting ready to sting you. Check out this grasshopper too one of the more colorful ones I have seen. Is it near time to molt?

Attachments

• sting.jpg
    sting.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 4
  • hopper.jpg
    hopper.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 5
I don't have a tractor with cab any more. When I quit active farming a few years back I sold most of the equipment. Kept the Ford loader tractor and a couple of JD L&G tractors.
Here's some shots from today. Mrs Hawk showed up today. I had cleared some woods of big branches last winter so I could mow it and didn't get to it until now. WAY TALL and thick with trees I chopped up to 1" diameter or so.
20130908_132118 (1).jpg 20130908_123023 (1).jpg

Pic across from the woods where I mowed the barnyard hillside yesterday.
20130908_124924 (1).jpg

And a pic of what I got instead of EFI live
Rims and tires
20130908_141821 (1).jpg

Back