• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

motors motors motors

If they have another rocker design that is close, say just a change in CNC programming needed then it is a small premium. Shame the 6.X doesn't have a gas cuz like the Olds. It uses the same rockers as the Olds gas with the paired trunnions.

The Mopar shaft design is so close to the 6.2/6.5L, I am sure that is what it is based off of.....Harland Sharp is making them, just not listed (that I saw) on their site yet. Any dealer will be able to get them in......shop around.

If one of the hi-po gasser ones is real close it sure would be worth a shot. As long as there isn't a huge spring pressure or lift difference.

The ARP studs I ordered for the bottom end arrived yesterday, sadly when I put the order in I only put in an order for 10 studs so i'll need to call them and double my order. Going to pick up some angle iron this week to make the girdle as well.

I hate it when that happens. I opened up the box of rod bolts I just received and said to myself, That doesn't look right!" Counted to be sure and breathed a sigh of relief.

Pioneer Inc through a local speed shop.

RPM Machine
Cedar Hills UT
877-354-3812

Since a site supporting vendor wasn't able to jump on to this thread, here is their web page.
http://rpmmachine.com/
If it doesn't stick because of an error on my part, at least you have the phone number above.

Picked up the angle iron today to make the stud girdles, now to fill up my oxy/acetalyne torch and get to cutting!!

Wow thats a crazy HP number for a cam! Really exciting stuff, I have to be a skeptic as this seems to be a super hero HP gain (31% of my motors stock output) number but I am sure it won't disappoint as with Bills other products. Been months later and I still can't get over my GL4... With a cam and rockers a claimed 75HP! (again skeptical, but an optimistic one for sure) wow with the already great things being done for the 6.5 we'll be well into duramax territory which to me is just awesome.

On the topic of girdles, there has been mention of 5, and 3 main mounts. Whats your opinions on which one is superior? If I had a 6.5 block laying open in my garage I'd just model the mains in Ansys and preform a stress analysis but that will have to wait as my garage barely holds my Tahoe!

speaking of cams, got a few packages from Heath today!!! Cam and springs arrived today along with the injector socket!!

When it comes to girdle's i'm a fan of running the 5 stud girdle. makes no sense to me to leave 2 of the main caps out

Picked up the angle iron today to make the stud girdles, now to fill up my oxy/acetalyne torch and get to cutting!!

If you could bring the angle iron to someone with a plasma cutter, you will have virtually no warpage.

speaking of cams, got a few packages from Heath today!!! Cam and springs arrived today along with the injector socket!!

When it comes to girdle's i'm a fan of running the 5 stud girdle. makes no sense to me to leave 2 of the main caps out

pics?

couple pics of the goodies that arrived in the mail
P3220092.jpg

P3220093.jpg

Will take plenty of pics as the parts get installed and when the girdle is being built. Sorry was low on money waiting to start working, now I'm low on time since I am working haha. NVW do you think the angle iron will warp from the torch? Figured with the thickness it should be pretty solid.

What dimensions and what thickness is the angle iron?

In my experience Oxy/A cutting will warp the angle iron when you remove a good portion of the metal like the one turbonator made. Angle isn't that expensive so it wouldn't hurt to try.

Angle grinder with cut off wheel and slowly work your way through the metal one pass at a time. Thats how i would do it if i didnt want to warp it.

We did all of our cutting with an angle grinder for exactly the reason of limiting deformation from the heat. Were the new valve springs included in the price with the cam?

angle iron is 1.5x1.5x3/8", per turbonator's design.

Correct the new valve springs come with the cam kit.

I'll grab some cutoff wheels for my grinder then and use that instead. Also need to pick up a new drill bit for the stud holes.

I havent had a chance to even start yet on these parts. Ordered the last of the studs that I need today from ARP, will be here by the end of next week. Work has kept me busy about 12 hours a day this week, and working on stuff for the house and getting it transferred to my name. I want to finish up the bottom end of the motor before it gets rotated right side up to install the cam. Once that is finished (next weekend at the latest is my goal) I'll pull the injectors and the pre-cups and ship them out. Undecided if I'll go with stock or performance size injectors.

Back