• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Motor mounts...

I need to get mounts for my GMC bad, I think Ill try and hold off for this winter being I dont drive it in the winter I can leave it tore apart for a long time.

2wd is a different ball game. They shouldn't be bad at all.

attachment.php

Dang Kenny...a FRAM(aka FRAG) oil filter...you really do like to gamble...

Cut a fram open then cut any other quality filter open. Odds are you'll never use a Fram again.

The problem is that places like Walmart and other high volume stores want to sell the filters for $2-$3. You can't build a decent filter for that price, but the buyers(big corporations) don't care about quality.

I dont mean to get off subject but I use hastings filters. They seem to be a good price and good quality.

i am running ES engine and tranny mounts i got the ones that barry told me to get and they fit. i think they where pretty tight in the clamshell but over all i am happy with them.

on the side conversation here i will only run wicks or napa filters i have seen the frams cut apart......

The olny time i run them junk fram filters is when i start a new engine i just rebuilt to run for the first 30 or so min then do the first oil change. wouldent want to waste a good quiality filter lol. Other then that i run hastings in my diesels. hold a fram and a hastings in each had u can tell the weight difference right there.

Yeah hastings work so good they STOP the oil flow. Won't tell you how many SBC's I saw at Jack Merkels shop that had spiun bearings with a Hastings oil filter on the side. They even had a sign IIRC with a Hastings filter and a circle and slash through it. Don't waste your money on a Hastings, a coffee can and a roll of toilet paper will do the same thing. The only thing different about fram is they use cardboard instead of tin on that shiled inside. Makes no difference. Wix is the best but they don't carry them locally. I change the oil every 3,000 anyway. I used Fram on all my Class 8's too except the Cat. I used Cat filters on that.I'd run a Fram before a Hastings anyday. Mods can we spin the oil filter thing into a new thread, I was trying to keep this for guys looking to do Motor mounts. Bottom line, short of maybe Group 7 as long as you change your oil regularly I think they all work fine. I ran Frams on my 6v92t Detroit and I guarantee it worked a hell of alot harder than a 6.5 ever will. The motor had 500k on it when the head finally gave out. I used Black Bear oil as well for most of it's life. Fram makes different grades as well. I use the Tough Guard not the bottom line one. Honestly I think most of the time I grab it just because I remember the part# without looking it up...:D.
The 2 quarter I use on my 93 and 86 can only be had in Fram locally.

Of course. But odds that's about it. I wouldn't run a Fram if someone bought it, and paid me 10x what it's worth to run it.

Wow. Them's mighty harsh words. I am using Fram HP4s in both my 6.5s. I agree from what I have seen and observed that the 'normal' Fram filters are poorly constructed. However, I have found the Fram HP4 controls soot quite well, and they seem robustly built. They are certainly made of heavier materials and have a HUGE gasket on them...

Sincerely,

Rob :)

Fram is owned by honeywell, so check the filter to see who manufactured it because odds are 6 out of every ten is gonna be manufactured by Honeywell. I've seen some filters from other brands made by honeywell but also made by other companies as well but under the same brand, so be careful.

Not to say a fram filter will kill your engine, but it's definitely one of the lowest quality filters on the market. Their air filters are good though, i find they catch a lot of dust and dirt which is good around here. Half of this town is built on an old sandy riverbed so we have dry, hot windy summers with tons of sand around which needs a WHOLE lot of filter to stay healthy.

Kenny got a Napa near by?
Napa uses Wix just drop the first number of the wix part number for the Napa number.;)

Their air filters are good though, i find they catch a lot of dust and dirt which is good around here. Half of this town is built on an old sandy riverbed so we have dry, hot windy summers with tons of sand around which needs a WHOLE lot of filter to stay healthy.
AC Delco Filters are the best air filters...Spicer(?) I believe on the old site did a huge test of factory and aftermarket filters filtration properties, and AC Delco outperformed them all...and performance wise AC Delco did as good or better than most performance filters as well...up to certain(high) h.p. levels the AC delco was best...

that being said...Amsoil has a new nano filter that is made with the same nanofiber media GM uses only the LBZand newer duramax trucks(IIRC I believe Baldwin makes the media for GM) and also I think makes it for Amsoil... and Amsoil is the only one that has the nanofiber media for filters other than those mentioned GM labeled filters...

The Amsoil nanofibre air filters are made by Donaldson[Minneapolis MN]. Not shure about their oil filters. I've used the NAPA gold oil filters for 30 or more years and have had no oil related issues ever. I change oil every 2500-3000 miles.

The Amsoil nanofibre air filters are made by Donaldson[Minneapolis MN]. Not shure about their oil filters. I've used the NAPA gold oil filters for 30 or more years and have had no oil related issues ever. I change oil every 2500-3000 miles.

you are correct on being Donaldson...I don't know why I was thinking Baldwin...I guess that's why I threw in the disclaimer "IIRC" just in case alzheimers snuck up and slapped me in the face...LOL
I wouldn't run their oil filters...JMHO but Mobil 1 makes the best oil Filters...but I'd have no problem running an Amsoil remote bypass filter for extra filtration...

Any Comments on STP Filters......?

BTW I think I have a OEM (The good Black ones, not the "made in China that GM is pawning off as oem now) 4X4 (the 2 end are offset....2WD the 2 ends are flat across) Motor mount.....I think I paid $60 bucks for it....If anyone is interested....All 2WD and 4WD motor mounts are discontinued from GM.

Back