• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Morning warm up

Like to warm up faster?

Its around a 400 ci right? Do you know what thermostat is in it?

You want it to warm up faster because it runs rough or what exactly are you looking for?

idk what kind of thermo is in it and yeah it runs real rough i have to run the RPM up a little to a few sec and then it will run fine

Be glad you dont walk outside and see this...

I had to clean it off a bit to prove there was a car under there...

You have any pictures of the motor?

Attachments

• HPIM0911.jpg
    HPIM0911.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 2
  • HPIM0912.jpg
    HPIM0912.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 5
i dont have any now i will take some tomorrow, BTY when it rains it runs rough sometimes do u think water is getting some were???

Could be the air to fuel mixture within your carb but I dont know enough about carbs to tell you for sure.

It's normal for a ford or any carb vehichle to run rough when first started. Especially if it's the factory 2bbl fomoco carb.Problem is people are so used to fuel injection they forgot what carbs were like. If it runs rough when raining you could be due for a set of spark plug wires. Try spraying them with wd40 when dry and see if that helps or run the truck at night in ptich black and look for blue "spderwebs" running up and down the wires.

when i had my 3/4 ton with a 390 in it it would run ruff in the morning as well. it was really bad on humid days. Replaced the distributor cap and rotor helped. try spraying WD-40 inside the distributor cap and wype it down then see if runs better the next mornin.

Back