• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Morning started off great!!

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Started the morning off great! :rolleyes:

Backing my ATV out of the garage, I didn't realize where my truck was sitting and BAM. Backed into the driver side headlight, parking light section. Busted all of that "tuffplastic behind the lower parking light. I actually didn't bust any of the lights themself. I have 7 zipties hold the lower parking light on for right now.

I moved the whole front assembly around it seems. The line between the grille and the hood isn't even anymore. The headlight isn't setting straight. All of that over a 3 MPH bump with the fourwheeler.

Off to the body shop Monday morning to have it all adjusted out. Im to particular to leave it as it is...:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear man, that really sucks....Of course now would be a great opportunity to upgrade bumpers, throw in some more lighting, a winch, and you're all set....:D

It probably broke the plasting mounting panel that the lights mount to. Pretty common.
I may have some lights if they wind up being broke.

It probably broke the plasting mounting panel that the lights mount to. Pretty common.
I may have some lights if they wind up being broke.

Yea. It's where the clip on the light clicks into. If you notice all of that is make together which makes me think is going to be expensive...:rolleyes:

It's not that bad actually.... $30-40.00 for the head lamp mounting panel, if i remember correctly. I don't have my estimating software here @ home.

It's not that bad actually.... $30-40.00 for the head lamp mounting panel, if i remember correctly. I don't have my estimating software here @ home.

I expected worse....:D

If I had time in life I would run it up to you guys...

Somethings are going to need adjusting. The Headlight above the parking light is cocked in there. The funny thing is, you can't tell anything is wrong untill you point it out and say look here..

The panel the lights mount to break very easy. I see a bunch of them where the panel is broke, but the lights are OK. Maybe you got lucky...

Started the morning off great! :rolleyes:

Backing my ATV out of the garage, I didn't realize where my truck was sitting and BAM. Backed into the driver side headlight, parking light section. Busted all of that "tuffplastic behind the lower parking light. I actually didn't bust any of the lights themself. I have 7 zipties hold the lower parking light on for right now.

I moved the whole front assembly around it seems. The line between the grille and the hood isn't even anymore. The headlight isn't setting straight. All of that over a 3 MPH bump with the fourwheeler.

Off to the body shop Monday morning to have it all adjusted out. Im to particular to leave it as it is...:rolleyes:
That sucks. Dont feel bad, I f'ed up my windshield.:mad:

i know where you can get a replacement bumper to prevent this from happening again...eh hem eh hem

Just got the part ordered. $25.00 bucks isn't bad.

If I can get one of those bumpers for that we got a deal.;)

Just got the part ordered. $25.00 bucks isn't bad.

If I can get one of those bumpers for that we got a deal.;)

Diesel haulin member special pricing????:D

Yeah don't you wish....maybe if time and supplies were free we could talk. lol I have no prob doing special pricing for members...Upstate Diesel has the rights to do a group buy and he know what he needs to get premium pricing

Got it all fixed yesterday. Looks normal again. No more zip ties..:D

that is funny but sucks i have a similar story. my wife and her freind wanted to talk dirty to truckers on my cb so i had to back it out of garage for better signal forgetting i had put my atv there so it was ready for the morning. and when i was backing i herd this noise and seem to only do it in reverse so i kept doing it so i could figure out were it was coming from pulling back and forth. (i forgot to mention i had a little captain in me). i thought it was tranny problems then i remembered what it was . the rack of the wheeler put a dent all across the tailgate. i was so pissed . the noise was the tires skidding on garage floor. dumb ass!!

We have about 20 zip ties holding the grille on our GMC in because the cows keep ripping it off.

Ive noticed the line between the bumper and the grille isnt even from the factory.

Well sorry to hear it man. Hope its not too much to fix it.

Turns out the left parking light is busted and condensation is in there. I have to replace this..

Anybody have a part # off hand? I can't find one on gmpartsdirect.

Back