• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

More Issues with my 06

ChevyBowTie98

Reaction score
well i brought my 06 sierra duramax in due to lots of smoke.... anyways short story.. Injector 2 and 5 were bad.. had them replaced under warranty.. 4 days after i get the truck back.. i am on Rt 8 major highway in CT and i here click click... look in passenger side mirror.. smoke billowing out of my tail pipe... black, lil white in there.. i am like :wtf: .. so it stops and truck drives fine.. i drive it for a week to and from work(7 mile road trip, work in town).. so I take it out on the highway again.. same exact spot.. i here click click.. smoke billowing out again... I am like :wtf:... i call dealer.. bring it in.. and they dunno what is wrong...

I was traveling at 65mph.. steady.. didn't not mash or hammer the accelerator.. i had a commercial exmark mower in the bed(if that makes any difference) both times this has happened... I am baffled..

The only thing i might have been is that the injectors were loose or one of them is bad again.. i just hate to not know what is wrong and then when the truck comes off warranty(Next June)
gen088.gif
.. so i don't know.. other than taht issue truck runs fine... i miss it.. haven't driven it since end of June..:frown5:

Wow I have never heard of anything like that with a LBZ. Does it set any codes or the SES light comeing on? Where does the click click noise come from?

Back