• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

More Computer Problems

The NLS prefix indicates that is part of the OS' national language set files and, most probably, not needed by your installation (English language, presumably). If the Stinger runs clean, I wouldn't rush to reinstall the OS, rather, go on-line (or have someone copy theirs for you) and obtain a copy of the .dll files, or rename the extensions and run the PC and observe its behaviour. Only then should you consider reinstalling the OS. Now, if you want practice, a clean OS and a faster PC (if you install only the minimum for your needs), go for it.

Well, Stinger Froze On another NLS File.

But when I Restarted my Computer, there were 16 Avail Updates for me for Windows. So I Downloaded them all, and I'll give it a Shot and See how it does now.

Checked In the Box for the Recovery Disks, and the Laptop didn't come with them. So I Guess I'm SOL on Reinstalling the OS if I don't Buy a New one.

Don't really know my way around the cmd promt.

I'm gonna go to Best Buy Tomorrow and Talk to the Goon Squad and See what they Say. The Laptop is still Under Warranty, so they gotta Fix it for Free. I just don't Trust them. With my Old Laptop, the Screen Broke, I Brought it there, they Said it'd take 4 Days to Fix, because they've never done one before. I told them I'd do it myself. Ordered the Screen, and the Day I got it, from Start to Finish it Took Less than 30 Minutes...and I've never Done one either.

James, if you can at least start the machine in safe made you can access the recovery partision and reinstall that way. There is a procedure that you can do depending on what brand of machine you have.

Well, the HD took a Shit before. I Found how to do the Recovery thing, to make it like the Laptop was Fresh outta the Box. Got it Running, and it just Froze on one of the Steps. Took Out the HD, went to Best Buy, got a New HD and Win7, and here I am, Working 100% with a New HD & OS.

Back