• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Mixed Green antifreeze with dex-cool

Acesneights1

Reaction score
My mother put green antifeeze in her 2002 Buick V6 by accident. How good do I need to flush that thing ? Also CAn I just put lifetime back and toss the dexcool ? Both my 6.5s I flushed out and put lifetime in. There doesn't look like an easy ay to pull the thermostat which is usually what I do to flush. Heater hoses are mostly metal looks like. If figure maybe it will be better with lifetime anyway. Thing has ate 3 headgaskets in 70k miles with dexcool.

Ya If it the motor Im thinking of the thermostats is next to the exhaust manifold and a pain in the ass! Id just remove the upper and lower rad hose spray water in the upper through the rad to clean the rad. Then if you cant spray water through the motor just put the hoses back on fill the rad up with water and let it run till the thermostat opens Let it runf for 5-10 minutes after that. The what water is left in the car will be pretty deluted with water. So shut the car off and remove the hoses again and reflush the rad. Then refill! Id just use the green. I took out the orange in my 97 1/2 ton and its fine! The orange stuff was almost black in that. :eek:

Back