• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Mirror Swap question

TruckDude94

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hey I have a quick question here, so I have a 97 GMC c1500 (pics are on my profile) and I was wondering if the mirrors from a 88-94 Chevy/GMC would swap in place of the current ones. I like the bigger style older school mirrors, but not sure if those will swap right in place of the current style ones. Thanks

I gave my 94' mirrors to a guy with a 98' because he wanted to put CB antennas on the curved stem, hard to do with the 95'+ plastic ones.

So to get power on 94, just wire power to the switch from fuse box and find way to mount switch? I see posts about finding factory looms and harnesses. Why? why not just run power and ground? I dont know alot about electrical so maybe I am missing something.

I'm not any better than you are far as electrical. I bought non power Dmax style mirrors for mine. Burbs have all the power options you would want and some lucky crew cabs.

So to get power on 94, just wire power to the switch from fuse box and find way to mount switch? I see posts about finding factory looms and harnesses. Why? why not just run power and ground? I dont know alot about electrical so maybe I am missing something.

Its not that simple. You need relays, wires run to both sides, correct configuration on the switch. Its just way easier to get a factory harness.
I added power to my 93.
My 94 came with power. I added the power/heat/signal/DMAX style mirror to it.

I put the newer mirrors on mine a while back. I just let the pigtails dangle in the door. My truck unfortunately doesnt have power either.

now what would i need to do to my 94 if i wanted to put the tow mirrors off of a 01-06 silverado on it

Dont think they would even be a close fit. The base is all wrong.

These are GMT800 the base is not right for the GMT400
TTM1.jpgTTM.jpg
This is the aftermarket for GMT400
TTM install 017.jpg

do you sell the mirrors Leroy, or do you recommend going to ebay?

Big Bear, the ones Leroy show on his burb are the ones to get. dont try making GMT800 or 900 mirrors fit.

I can still get them, but there was a listing on Amazon a few weeks ago for like $40 ea. There was a post on it here somewhere. Not sure if it was for real. My cost was around $240 for both with power, heat, marker light.

Back