• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Mileage on LMM

EFI takes care of the speed governor, ive done 115 and she still wanted to go hard. im running a 90 over stock which is about 400 rwhp. its fun.:D the dealer can tell, they can tell the last 10 programs to the ecm.

drove my lmm to PA and back, about 1200 miles with my 06 banshee in the back and all my gear, at 72 mph averaged alomost 21 mpg, all stock so far except the the 285 toyo tires.

drove my lmm to PA and back, about 1200 miles with my 06 banshee in the back and all my gear, at 72 mph averaged alomost 21 mpg, all stock so far except the the 285 toyo tires.

That's excellent for a all stock truck.

It is kind of hard to compare "mileage on LMM" without more info on each truck.
No way is my crew-cab LWB 4x4 Auto Dually going to get as good as a regular cab srw 2wd, etc.

Only thing I know FOR SURE is that it is a lot less than what I got with my 99 RAM (quadcab, 4x4 SRW SWB Auto).. But I like the truck anyway :) It sure tows a lot better.

17.5 mpg doing 75 mph on the highway.....ditched the dpf and have the edge evolution race.....closer to 19-20 if i keep it at 65

not calling you a liar....but I find that really hard to believe 21 mpg is amazing for a 1/2 ton gasser with a 6 banger....let alone a 7000 pound truck with 1200 pounds of stuff in it

I just took a 600 mile round trip in my 2008 ext cab 3500 dually. The truck is completely stock. It is the first time I have driven the truck any distance without towing my fifth wheel. That is all the truck has done since new. I got 17 mpg for the entire trip. That was on cruise at 65 mph. Towing 9.0-10 and around town 14 average. I was a little disapointed in the 17 I was hoping for a bit more. That said the truck was bought to work and I'm very happy with what it does towing 13,000.

All the best,
Dan

I just took a 600 mile round trip in my 2008 ext cab 3500 dually. The truck is completely stock. It is the first time I have driven the truck any distance without towing my fifth wheel. That is all the truck has done since new. I got 17 mpg for the entire trip. That was on cruise at 65 mph. Towing 9.0-10 and around town 14 average. I was a little disapointed in the 17 I was hoping for a bit more. That said the truck was bought to work and I'm very happy with what it does towing 13,000.

All the best,
Dan
THAT, appears to be a reasonable answer...

hoping for a bit more than 17 mpg out of a stock truck that weighs 8000ish pounds and has the aerodynamics of hillary clinton's ass.......good luck with that

My last tank was 9.8 hand calc. Mostly around town with some towing. I just went back to level 3 on the edge, i'm thinking it will be better. The best I have gotten was 16 stock. With the new tires my best is about 14 max all highway and a steady 10 back and forth to work.

If I could get a steady 12 I would be happy. But then again you don't buy a dually for the fuel milage.

I still love it!

My last tank was 9.8 hand calc. Mostly around town with some towing. I just went back to level 3 on the edge, i'm thinking it will be better. The best I have gotten was 16 stock. With the new tires my best is about 14 max all highway and a steady 10 back and forth to work.

If I could get a steady 12 I would be happy. But then again you don't buy a dually for the fuel milage.

I still love it!

Wow, I would expect better.

2010 CCSB SRW 4x4 DIC and hand calc in agreement, lowest so far is 15.5 mpg (mostly in town along with showing off, just burning fuel) I did a 500 mile trip yesterday averaged 20.4 mpg, 60 mph on the road 73 mph on the highway.

1,568 miles on the clock... supposedly these numbers will get even better as the engine gets broken in??

2010 CCSB SRW 4x4 DIC and hand calc in agreement, lowest so far is 15.5 mpg (mostly in town along with showing off, just burning fuel) I did a 500 mile trip yesterday averaged 20.4 mpg, 60 mph on the road 73 mph on the highway.

1,568 miles on the clock... supposedly these numbers will get even better as the engine gets broken in??

That's what they say...

FWIW, I average about 14-15 in town driving.

Back