• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Mileage on LMM

2500 miles on mine I am getting 15-16 short trip in town on the interstate
at 75mph 17 mpg 85mph 14mpg 70mph 19.7
:chevy:

Nothing like jumping in w/two feet.
SRW 08 max, getting 15 around town, has jumped to as high as 24 mpg on highway depending on how im drivin, some have voiced disbelief on other sites, but im not the only one.
And if it all pans out , I cant wait to drop my DPF and intake(meaning) I waiting about about one full year, so someone has it really well figured out as in a system/package. 60mph is really the sweet spot right now

Nothing like jumping in w/two feet.
SRW 08 max, getting 15 around town, has jumped to as high as 24 mpg on highway depending on how im drivin, some have voiced disbelief on other sites, but im not the only one.
And if it all pans out , I cant wait to drop my DPF and intake(meaning) I waiting about about one full year, so someone has it really well figured out as in a system/package. 60mph is really the sweet spot right now

The intakes from AirAid and the RBP Turbo-Back and programmer for the LMM are good. I've riden in 2 of RBP's personal trucks and they get up and go

lose the dpf and you will jump considerably!!!! The power will jump, the truck will run better and it will sound better too

and wait for the EPA to send you a $1,400 fine in the mail and make you buy a new DPF which arent cheap at all.

Also, you cant just delete the DPF you have to have a programmer that tricks the ECM into thinking its tunning with a DPF, otherwise the truck wont run right and if it goes into regen mode it can be dangerous.

and wait for the EPA to send you a $1,400 fine in the mail and make you buy a new DPF which arent cheap at all.

Also, you cant just delete the DPF you have to have a programmer that tricks the ECM into thinking its tunning with a DPF, otherwise the truck wont run right and if it goes into regen mode it can be dangerous.

Yes. I'm aware of that. And why would you have to buy one? you just keep the stock exhaust system at home. the only way the EPA will find out is when it needs to be inspected or smogged which its not hard to put the factory exhaust back on. As for the Computer issues, most of the guys selling the proper kits have the programming to take care of that. Especially on the LMM. Its been getting perfected since day one.

True, if your one of the smarter people that keeps it around. Other guys take them to the scrap yard since they pay big bucks.

I know the exhaust kits come with programming usually, but theres still the guy taking pipe and sticking it where the DPF was.

I know about all the right ways to do it, I just wanted to make sure that if there is some backyard mechnaic reading this that gets a crazy idea, he knows what hes getting into if he doesnt do it right.

That LMM from what I've ridden is a beast when its uncorked. Get the right exhaust system without cats and without the dpf, and do a nice program and it is amazing

Gentlemen,
Details , details please.
EFI =how much?
DPF totally disconnected?
What do you do if you have to bring it to the stealer?
Mileage gains?
Horsepower gains?
0-60?
Just lose the DPF or intake also?
problems if any

Gentlemen,
Details , details please.
EFI =how much?
DPF totally disconnected?
What do you do if you have to bring it to the stealer?
Mileage gains?
Horsepower gains?
0-60?
Just lose the DPF or intake also?
problems if any

EFI= $749 our Vendors can set you up!
DPF= You can disable the codes with EFI
Return to stock programming
Depends on the tune. Some are seeing alot better than the standard tuners on the market.
No limit with EFI on Horsepower gains. You would need to upgrade you tranny if you going over 100 HP to be safe.
0-60= Depends on Horsepower..:D

Thats what I know about it.

When i go the dealer i just load my stock tune w/dpf delete, they dont care at my dealer, i just put it to stock so they dont go haulin a$$ everywhere:D

When i go the dealer i just load my stock tune w/dpf delete, they dont care at my dealer, i just put it to stock so they dont go haulin a$$ everywhere:D

Lucky you!

Some are not so lucky...:D

Okay,
I have not heard one bad thing about EFI on all sites.
So that is probably what I would go with.
I dont work at the dealer so this might be problem as it is with numerous guys out there.
The dealer supposedly can tell what has been done to programming? Yes ? Or how many regens or someway of knowing you have messed with the ECM thus voiding the warranty? Yes?
That is the question. Not ready to fully test the warranty wording yet. Otherwise I would have tracked down a reliable bio diesel source already
Thanks for the info.
Would like to do this anyways, found out yesterday the truck tops out at 96. As in the ECM just shuts her down. like you ran out of gas or somthin. Kinda pissed me off:rant::rant:

Its up in the air as far as if the dealer can tell. If I was a betting man, I would say no.
EFI can take care of the top speed limiter!

Okay,
I have not heard one bad thing about EFI on all sites.
So that is probably what I would go with.
I dont work at the dealer so this might be problem as it is with numerous guys out there.
The dealer supposedly can tell what has been done to programming? Yes ? Or how many regens or someway of knowing you have messed with the ECM thus voiding the warranty? Yes?
That is the question. Not ready to fully test the warranty wording yet. Otherwise I would have tracked down a reliable bio diesel source already
Thanks for the info.
Would like to do this anyways, found out yesterday the truck tops out at 96. As in the ECM just shuts her down. like you ran out of gas or somthin. Kinda pissed me off:rant::rant:

Back