• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Michelin MTX A/T 2...any opinions?

Heartbeat Hauler

A(ACLU) Agent Yoda
Reaction score
I've been lookin' for tires for my '01 dually in 235/85/16 (upsize) and I have not read anything good about the ones I've had in mind. So, I came across these Michelin LTX A/T2. Anybody ever tried these and what was your impression on noise, traction, wear, etc. Doesn't have to be a dually application.

JP

I ran a set on my dually for 110,000 miles and probably could have gotten 5-10K more but winter was coming on and I had to run in the northern and western states and wanted more tread. Great tires. Keep them rotated and balanced. Get a force balance on them from the get go.

My friend has them on his 2500. They ride good and wear good. They WILL get stuck in wet grass.
Hmmm, not good.

I ran a set on my dually for 110,000 miles and probably could have gotten 5-10K more but winter was coming on and I had to run in the northern and western states and wanted more tread. Great tires. Keep them rotated and balanced. Get a force balance on them from the get go.
With all of those miles surely you would have run into a few sticky situations. What was your experience with traction, any issues on wet roads, grass, snow, etc.?

Seems like the Michelin LTX M/S has the same problem, you would think the LTX A/T (All Terrain) would do better traction wise. :toetap05:

JP

I had the LTX M/S and was on the highway for the most part. In snow and ice in 4WD they did good. I almost always was towing a trailer in the snow situations and couldn't ask for a better tire.

If you are looking for an offroad tire the A/T would likely be the better choice.

I had the LTX M/S and was on the highway for the most part. In snow and ice in 4WD they did good. I almost always was towing a trailer in the snow situations and couldn't ask for a better tire.

If you are looking for an offroad tire the A/T would likely be the better choice.
Thanks Sarge. I think I want the LTX M/S for my wife's Suburban because it is 98% on road use, and the LTX A/T2 for my dually. But I am concerned about traction on wet roads for the M/S.

JP

I have the LTX M/S on mine, love em so far. Good traction in the rain and snow. Couldnt even get started from an uphill stoplight when the pavement was wet with my old BFG AT's. Got 30K on them now and they still have lots of tread left. Less than average off road, stuck in wet grass is commonplace, dont even think of mud. They work okl on the dirt roads around here, not too bad for throwing stones.

DSCN0410.jpg

Well I'm not sure. I guess the M/S tires would be ok on the Sub. I just hate to buy a long lasting tire and then I'm not happy with them....or worse my wife is not happy.....):h

I'd like to get some LTX A/T2 feedback. The tire store says they are great, and at 190 bucks each X 6, if I were them I'd say they were great too....

JP

Personally I think you won't regret the M/S tires. If it was something other than Michelin I might say otherwise.

My friends tires are the M/S, not the A/T's. Sorry for the bad info. Hopefully the A/T's do better off pavement.
That's good news! Like I repsonded to Sarge, I'll probably go with the M/S tires on the Suburban (Mostly highway) and the A/T2 tires on the dually and hope they are good ones.
JP

I have the LTX M/S on mine, love em so far. Good traction in the rain and snow. Couldnt even get started from an uphill stoplight when the pavement was wet with my old BFG AT's. Got 30K on them now and they still have lots of tread left. Less than average off road, stuck in wet grass is commonplace, dont even think of mud. They work okl on the dirt roads around here, not too bad for throwing stones.

DSCN0410.jpg
BTW, nice truck!! :thumbsup:

JP

I have had several set of those tires, I shop around for the best prices and they will last along time, at least 100k miles if you keep them rotated, wet grass is a problem for as I have a 2 WD truck. Only if it heavy saturated ground because the front of the truck sinks and bingo....stuck. Suburban shouldn't have the issue as it doesn't have the same weight as a Dmax

Back