• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Mi to Ia to Mi

Deere Freek

Recruit
Reaction score
I'm going from Augusta Michigan 49012 to Tingley Ia 50863 back to augusta and am willing to make reasonable stops along the way. I can pull a trailer, gooseneck,or 5ver (if you have a hitch) if willing to help out with fuel. If you do a mapquest search on the 2 zip codes that's pretty much my route. My truck will be empty on the way there and moderatly full on the way back. I'm leaving Friday morning the 9th and coming back Tuesday the 13th.

would you have room for a corn stove on the way back?? i think it weighs like 250 pounds or so. i'll see if i can come up with some dimensions. its located in tipton, IA and i could meet you once you get back toward the end of your destination. i'm south of toledo.

nevermind, i don't think the ebay auction will be done by then. i'll just make a trip and bring a much of other stuff i don't need home with me that i find along the way.

nevermind, i don't think the ebay auction will be done by then. i'll just make a trip and bring a much of other stuff i don't need home with me that i find along the way.

I saw your post but didn't have time to respond at the time. I'm back and got record breaking mileage readings. 21.42 there and just over 19 back.

that's great mileage. i didn't end up buying the stove in IA anyway. do you have an auto tranny or a manual?

Do you want a brand new vent free gas burning stove? It's a $585.00 unit and I'll let it go for $200.00 plus shipping. (not sure if this allowed here so PM me). I can send pics of the box with it in it.

Mark

auto 4l80e.

I'm loving this truck. That's better mileage than my mom gets with her minivan!!!!!

How are you getting that kind of mileage? Aside from staying out of the throttle, which is hard for me, what else have you done or has it always been that way?

Thanks,
Mark

Ryan, understood. Send some good grilling corn my way.:smileydan:

i wish my lb7 could get that mileage....

i'll bring some sweet corn down when i visit my college roommate down in cincy come summer time....

How are you getting that kind of mileage? Aside from staying out of the throttle, which is hard for me, what else have you done or has it always been that way?

Thanks,
Mark

Ryan, understood. Send some good grilling corn my way.:smileydan:

I don't know. I was going to get a 4" exhaust put on it in the next couple weeks but i'm not so sure i want to touch anything for fear of it going down. I have no idea what the secret to my good mileage is but know that my rpm's seem to run low for having 4.10's but that's what the build sheet says and they seem to correspond to other trucks like mine. Sure am glad i bought this truck. Maybe a mod should move this to the 6.5 section. Allready havea thread at the "place" on it.

that's awesome mileage for an auto tranny. maybe i'll sell the s10 and get a 6.5 for a get around truck...

i wish my lb7 could get that mileage....

i'll bring some sweet corn down when i visit my college roommate down in cincy come summer time....
Sounds great, plan some time when you bring it so I can soak it for 3-4 hours and then get the grill fired up. There will be plenty of cold ones to make up for the time.):h
I don't know. I was going to get a 4" exhaust put on it in the next couple weeks but i'm not so sure i want to touch anything for fear of it going down. I have no idea what the secret to my good mileage is but know that my rpm's seem to run low for having 4.10's but that's what the build sheet says and they seem to correspond to other trucks like mine. Sure am glad i bought this truck. Maybe a mod should move this to the 6.5 section. Allready havea thread at the "place" on it.
My exhaust helped my MPG's but still get much less than that. Nice truck.
that's awesome mileage for an auto tranny. maybe i'll sell the s10 and get a 6.5 for a get around truck...

Just don't get one like mine, you may have a heavy foot fetish like I have grown into.:hurray:):h

whenever i drive the s10... it might as well be nascar...

i can still get 18+ mpg out of it beating the living hell out of it... i mean like 4500 rpm+ shifts, that kind of thing...

whenever i drive the s10... it might as well be nascar...

i can still get 18+ mpg out of it beating the living hell out of it... i mean like 4500 rpm+ shifts, that kind of thing...

Bet I know an S-10 that could beat you by a little bit, maybe not in mileage but speed.:yesnod: It's in OH as well.:biggrin5:

Bet I know an S-10 that could beat you by a little bit, maybe not in mileage but speed.:yesnod: It's in OH as well.:biggrin5:

mine's stock except for the jimmy rigged exhaust. i've put close to 80K on it and it still runs like a rape ape.

mine's stock except for the jimmy rigged exhaust. i've put close to 80K on it and it still runs like a rape ape.

Sweet, then this other one is out for the challenge. It "does" have a GM engine in it, just not your normal S-10 motor.:cornut:
Keep her running strong.:smile5:

Back