• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

meyers power angle and "lifted" trucks

625fireman

I have injecter-itis
Reaction score
Have any of you run into the problem of when you angle the plow the edge closest to the truck comes off the ground? I have not lifted my truck but do have taller than stock tires. This my first Meyers, my other trucks had Westerns and had lift kits on them but did not have this problem. I have an idea of how to fix this, but just wondering if anybody else has run into this ordeal?

My Fisher V Plow needs the "A" frame to be parallel to the ground. If it is not, when in a "V" or a "Scoop" mode the cutting edge will not be completely in contact with the ground. It all has to do with angles, I hope this helps...

i have an 8.5' diamond. 285 tires and timbrens up front. when the plow is down, i get full contact with the ground. my only complaint is that when i lift it up and full angle to one side, that side is barely off the ground. and with the wings on, they still touch the ground. one thing i noticed with my setup, is that i get uneven blade wear. the diamonds have two 51" blades, and the outermost edges wear down faster than the rest of the 2 blades. the only thing i can think of is when im clearing big parking lots, i lift the plow up before i stop to push over the curbs. i think that because im still moving with the plow angled, its wearing the edge down faster.

Ken

Woodchuck and Llyod-Both of you are correct tha a-frame needs to be parrallel to the ground for optimium working conditions from the factory. However I would like to have the most ground clearance possible.

Deere-My current truck doesn't have a 'lift' but the bars are cranked to leval the truck and I am running 245/75R16 tires so it is a little higher than stock, but I plan on 255/85R16 next year which would make this problem worse. My previous trucks were as follows:
1979 K25 burb 350 4 sp 235/85R16 (would move a house. don't ask me how I know but I do)
1981 K5 blazer 350 auto 32 12.50R15 add-a-leaf on the front
1986 k5 balzer 350 auto 34 13.50R15 I resprung this truck with 3/4 ton springs front and rear it gave me about a 2.5" suspension lift. This thing was a great plow truck to bad the body didn't last.

Shortcircut it sounds as if we are both in the same situation. i bet if you would go a little higher your truck would do the same as mine. because with stock tires mine was the same as yours.

Thanks for the replies yall. Like I said though I have an idea on what to do so when I geterdone I will post pics as to what I did and wether or not it works.

after i posted here, i went an looked at my truck. the a-frame on mine is actually angled up toward the plow, so if i lift it some more, it would level it out. :wtf: interested to see how this works out

Ken

The frames must be level with the plow down and the front suspension unloaded. Extra wear on the outer ends of the cutting edge is normal as the ends have more pressure on them when angled than when the blade is straight. If you are speaking of the ends of the blade only being 6" or so off the ground with the blade up and fully angled that too is normal.

i figured it was normal wear, but wanted to check. yeah, the plow on the ground floating, and the frame was angled up just a bit. when the plo's up and angled, the blade is about 1.5" off the ground. with the wings on, the rubber runs on the ground, not good.

Ken

You can try to go one or two links higher in the chain but this will depend on if the frame will allow more upward travel. This modification will not allow the plow to drop as far either in the float position. Have you tried to crank your T-bars a little to compensate suspension drop?

i have tried with the chain, but to no avail. the frame will allow me alot more of upward travel, but with the addition of a few new accounts this year, i need it to be set there to float down when needed. i had the bars turned up before the pulling season, and they might not be now where they were then. ill have to turn them up a few turns. although, the truck sits pretty level now with the plow off.

Ken

My blade will drag on inside corer also if all the way angled. I just put an 8" cutting edge on it to make things worse. All i do to correct this is 'sraighten' the plow out a little bit until i don't heaer the scraping

Back