• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Messed up my truck hood today, I feel so bad!

orrum

Reaction score
Was working on my truck under the hood and finished and needed to put some brake fluid in it so I just shut it enough to keep bugs etc out while I fed up the horses and got the brake fluid out of the barn. Didnt have a bottle so got in the truck to drive to town and the hood flew up because I forgot to shut it before leaving. Fortunately I was driving real pokey and so it flew up and bent the hood on each side where the hinges bolt! It still shuts good but it sorta dips down over the hinges and goes up slightly above the fenders as u get close to the front. I feel so bad and the worst is I cant see anything but the screwed up hood when I am driving. I gues there is no fixing it is there????? My truck was so purty and straight body everywhere! Very stupid thing to do......:mad2: :(:(

Dammit Bill!
I feel bad for you too. Check with a body shop to see if a fix is in order. You just KNOW they've seen this before.

I would like to see a pic too though...;)

I can't stop laughing LOL. Don't ya just hate it when you do stupid things that cost you money LOL. It's not the end of the world, just slam 'er shut and call it a day!

OK pics tomoro. I take em but it hurts to look at em n know I am that stupid!

If it makes you feel better a year ago I slammed my cell phone in the hood line...got er all straight...but messed up the touch screen on the phone and couldnt get any info out of the phone, business contacts etc...

we all do stupid things that cost us money and pride...if thats the least of our worries... we should be A OK

now pics please...

:nopics:

Thanks Gerald I laughed at that! LOL Oh well the hood needed paint anyway so I guess the question now is what years truck will the hood fit off of and does it have to be a diesel truck so that it has all that insulation?

88-98 hoods fit.You can take the sound insulation off your and put it on the new one.Hoods are pretty cheap at junkyards. Having it painted to match is what would be expensive. Get one the same color.

i did that very same thing months ago. had JUST finished the gearvendor and took it for a test. about 55-60 it pops up. turned one of the hinges inside out so hood wouldn't close. all i had on me was a small vise grip, took it off, threw it in the bed. drove it like that 2 days before i realized the hinge was messed up. 'fixed' it and put it back on. i think it looks bad but hasn't been noticed by many. hard finding a black hood around Houston, they sell pretty fast. i have a spare white hood i only paid $50.00for that i will experiment on by putting on some louvers i made. if it looks good, i will put it on.

Don't dwell on it too long. I read an article once that athletes have to have the ability to let bad plays go very quickly. The game goes on and if they beat themselves up too long or too bad it will affect the next play or entire game. I know when I do a bonehead thing I dwell on it too long and it does distract me. Gotta turn things around and take the opportunity to learn from it and what opportunity it brings.

Hey Pepp about them pics.....my phone camera cant pick up the dents but Paul, member on here from Utah was here to visit today and he took some good pics with his Iphone that show the dents. So he is going to post them and we will make it a good thread since its gotta have pics. SChiker thanks I am growing use to driving and looking at the dents. By the way have I mentioned we need to have a gettogether here and eat and even camp we have a nice campground and facilitys. its in the posts under my name. If u cant find it let me know. What ya think about it?

Back