• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

mech pump fuel turn up

when it goes, i'll let you know. ):h
should start a pool to pick a date when it goes out. at whatever point that is. once the new engine is in, it doesn't count.

and like i pointed out though, heath is running higher compression and more boost.

i have a video of the truck sustaining 22-23psi up a hill with trailer in tow. no oil leaks, and the only coolant missing is from a leaking overflow hose.

I wonder how much air the ATT is moving? If it is moving more air at a lower boost level, wouldn't that be much the same as higher boost from a GM-X turbo in the form of CFM to compression ratio? Just wondering

Before this thread turns into another ether inducing post center, :nono: , let's all take time for a :grouphug:

josh : get that fuel turned up and tell us what you think. it will make you a happy guy. :thumbsup:

:

We keep on seeming to have these points we disagree on. :D I have been hitting well beyond 14 for almost 10 months now, with no issues. Not to mention, Heath runs higher than stock compression, while putting out a lost more boost.

Agreed you need to turn up the IP to make sure that you are making use of the boost. Even with the boost up, I am still making black smoke under WOT.

About the black smoke WOT, would timing adjustment help at all there?
Are you running HX-40?

ChrisK was running 18 psi when he popped his. Bill H himself who solfd me my turbomaster told me 14 psi is the "safe" passing on what I know.

No HX-40. After talking with Bill, he recommended I go with the HX-35.

Interesting that Bill would say 14 max. Just passing on what he said to me as well. :D And the fact that I have been running it at well beyond 14 for almost a year, with some very extreme conditions. Ie. Brakestands, towing 16,000 lbs, towing vehicles through the mountains, etc. It's still going fine. Maybe I just got a really good engine. ):h DB2!

That diminishing returns really comes to fruition at high boost on the electronic pumps because computer defuels the IP. Mechanical pump has a little advantage/more dangerous capability to run high IATs without defueling until the other heat kills the engine. High boost aint bad, its all the heat associated, so if temps are in check, go at it.

finally got around to tryin to turn up the fuel and going in from the side sounds safest but it looks darn near imposible to get at so i may go for going in from the top going to try and do it yet today when the motor cools down so i can work on it just got home from the junk yard

well i had the top of the pump off yesterday and was tryin to find that darn screw but i must have went past it i didnt have anyone to help. my question is do any of the parts inside the pump have to come out so that i can get to the screw threw that hole or will it work with out takin the springs and what not out???

Nope, just pop the top. Did you look at the links I posted?

The allen wrench, must be the ball ended type, it will be going in at an slight angle from the right(pass side) front of the truck, it will go in going down at an angle pointing back and to the left side of the truck. Damn, its hard to explain. Give me a few days, I'll snap a pic.

If you get close to the screw, sometimes you can put a socket on the alternator pulley to turn it back and forth. You have to turn the crank two revolutions to turn the pump once.

Nope, just pop the top. Did you look at the links I posted?

The allen wrench, must be the ball ended type, it will be going in at an slight angle from the right(pass side) front of the truck, it will go in going down at an angle pointing back and to the left side of the truck. Damn, its hard to explain. Give me a few days, I'll snap a pic.

If you get close to the screw, sometimes you can put a socket on the alternator pulley to turn it back and forth. You have to turn the crank two revolutions to turn the pump once.

ya i read those links iver about 3 times each and they made it seem easy but when i got it open it hardly looks like i can get in that darn hole and didnt realize that ithe crank and to go 2 times to getone on pump thats prolly why i didnt see the screw oh well will be easier with a buddy to help

I think the other thing with boost pressures to remember in regaurds to Heath is he is running with studs and not the crazy stretch torque bolts IIRC. When I wired mine shut I could hit 18 but no more then my heads cracked so now it has a homemade manual adjuster set at 15-16. I should have gone with studs but didnt know they were out there till I had the new heads on.

Back