• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

May 15th '10 GTG

In the new Diesel Power magazine, they have the 51 diesel events you can't miss in 2010... our GTG didn't make the list. I guess only reason is because we missed the cutoff for the magazine to go to print. :D
What do they Know!:nono:
Forest I'll tally up the attendees later this eve when I get a chance. I believe it's 5 'for sure' and 4 'maybe'. You will want to come and drool over those giant logs you know you want to split...):h

I just checked the map, and figured that if I left Sycamore at 11 (when the GTG starts), and drove home to go to my cousin's graduation party, I could get there as its starting at 1800 ET. So...I think I'm going to have to turn this GTG down. Sorry! I would still like to meet whoever I can...I just can't do it that weekend. Hope ya'll have fun!

Maps

Ok guys, here's some good news. The DTR travelling oil can is on it's way to me so we will be (finally) able to add our names after all this time.

I'm adding a map that includes the area as well as a couple of aerial views to show where it's at. The house is a log home with a short driveway all the way at the top of a rise but the drive to take to the barn area is next to it (west side) and longer. When you come up on it from the west you gotta look quick because the road side is all pine trees. From the east you won't see it. I'll put a little TTS sign out by the drive that morning.
More details as we get closer. Looking forward to it!

Attachments

• Cabin  Map.JPG
    Cabin Map.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Cabin Aerial.JPG
    Cabin Aerial.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Cabin Aerial 1.JPG
    Cabin Aerial 1.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 6
sorry guys i cant make it. i got a high school auto club car show from 12 to 4 on the same day so im not going to be able to go. but if you guys get bored come down and see it. only 3 bucks i think

OK guys, let's get a head count. I'm just gonna do cheeseburgers, couple of kinds of chips, pickles, condiments and a snacker or 2. Bring your drinks and a lawn chair. Of course the travelling DTR oil can will be there to sign too.

OK guys, let's get a head count. I'm just gonna do cheeseburgers, couple of kinds of chips, pickles, condiments and a snacker or 2. Bring your drinks and a lawn chair. Of course the travelling DTR oil can will be there to sign too.

You know you can count me in Mike. Been keeping an eye on the weather as well for Saturday and it's looking better and better as we get closer to the weekend. They are calling for 68 and partly sunny. Perfect weather for some boys to sit around and BS for an afternoon...:grouphug:

the can"+" should be in your hands tomorrow Mike... ;)

on edit: looks like it's been rescheduled for delivery thursday the 13th

More good news, Karla just told me that she was going to make Brownies from scratch for our desert. Yumm!

Anyway look for this sign out by the road. and no, not the other sign in the picture...:D

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 9
More good news, Karla just told me that she was going to make Brownies from scratch for our desert. Yumm!

Anyway look for this sign out by the road. and no, not the other sign in the picture...:D

But I think I like the other sign better...):h

its up in the air for me as of now count me as a maybe i have some stuff to take care of then ill try to head out there hope to make it

Just did a track. Looks like the got my e-mail and I should see it tomorrow per this:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Trak the can.JPG
    Trak the can.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 43
Back