• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

MAY 15% sale

Twisted Steel Performance

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
Reaction score
Make your plans now.. We will hold a MAY sale, 15% discount on all Ceramic coatings, heat barriers, thermal dispersants, exhaust coatings, headers, intakes, turbos, engine brackets,radiators,ac condensers,etc, all coatings qualify..

Between now & May I will be showcasing new applications, CermaKrome - this is a high temp coating that can be applied almost anywhere, it has the look of chrome but won't peal, salt & corrosion resistant, this is used on turbine hsw, exhaust manifolds, intakes, aluminum, steel, engine accessory brackets, fuel lines, and so on, this can be applied anywhere a person wants a little bling without the high cost of chrome. I have a large batch of parts that will be getting this coating so stay tuned for pics in the weeks to come..

Don't forget our May sale going on till the end of the month. 15% off all ceramic coatings, now is the time to get the benefits of a Thermal Dispersant applied to your radiator, AC condenser, Turbo compressor cover, etc...

Any benefit to coating the heater core. I know the benefits on radiators and condensers. My heater core started leaking yesterday so since I’ve got to get a new one I figured I’d ask.

I know you need Chris to answer, but I have been so convinced on the thermal stuff I’ll run my mouth.

It should do the same as a radiator- pull the heat out of coolant better and heat up your cabin faster. Depending on the heater core it might be hard to coat the entire thing, but half would be better than none imo.

I talked to and ridden in several rigs here that do their a/c evaporator and condensor and swear by it. After riding in before and after jobs which I checked the charge on before, recovering and recharged the r134a- I was sold thats what I will do to my a/c evaporator and entire cooling stack.

Now, I never planned on doing my heater core, but Vegas weather, so Why bother here- haha

If I was in the cold- heck yeah.

The guy that is doing it here won’t touch my stuff. I known him for years and we don’t get along.

Yes ANY heat ex changer will benefit, even house hold units are now being done..
A plus is that crud won't stick to them making them easier to keep clean..

A suggestion if anyone is digging into the dash in these trucks as we all know how hard that is, if money permits purchase a new evaporator along with the heater core, coat them both and install both while everything is tore apart and take the time to build some sort of air filter, it will keep the coils clean much longer permitting better air flow..

Dang... I wonder about power savings on home air conditioner/ heater.
More efficiency should do better, I wonder how that would translate on a power bill.

Back