• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Marker lights out

cskemps

Reaction score
Ok last niight went out to hook up the harse trailer and i had no marker lights on the truck or the trailer. have checked all the fuses and they are all fine. I still have brake lights and signal lights. is there anything else i have over looked?

headlight switch needing replaced?

thats is where I would start, I went threw have a dozen in my 94. Never had a problem with my wifes truck (the new style switch like your 97) but still possible.

brake and turn signals are on the same circuit. take a meter and check the plug back by the bumper with the running lights on. you should get 12v. do you have dash lights?

Ok changed headlight switch still no marker lights. Still have signal lights and brake lights come on when i press the pedal. Any other ideas? I don't have a meter but i have a circut tester and i get power to the back plug but only on the constant hot and on the turn spades when the signal's are on and when the brake is pressed down.

is there a maxi-fuse in the underhood center that does anything for marker lights? i thought there was a 30 or 40 amp one, doubt this is it, but try changing it (if there is one) with trailer uncoupled, then if it works, plug in the trailer, and if it blows, there is a short somewhere.

if the fuse doesnt pan out, how are all your flasher modules

have you looked at the plug under the hood by the firewall? there should be a flat 5 lead plug coming out of the cab under the master cylinder. check the voltages there.

Back