• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Manual Wastegate

heyman

KJV 1611
Reaction score
I thought I saw a thread somewhere here about how to make a manual wastegate and now I can't find it could somebody please point me in the right direction?

Won't you get an an ses light 78 from the solenoid not operating or sensing a vacuum? How does one overcome this?

Nope. The PCM doesn't have a vacuum sensor for the solenoid, it just senses whether the boost is working or not. When it's not, it thinks the solenoid is bad.

If you have an 'S' engine and need to keep the vacuum for your EGR, just plug the line coming off the solenoid.

Its caused by over/under boost compared to PCM program boost curve. normally overboost with a TM. A "boost fooler" look it up in the library will solve the overboost problem.

I found the thread right away after adding to this thread. Thanks for your input guys. There's a really great breakdown for dummys with a potentiometer so you can adjust the settings of the boost sensor. That way the sensor can still give the light at the settings that you want. Great to have guys with this knowledge willing to help people like me. I hope to help others too someday.

Back