• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Making A Come-back

Welcome back! Too bad you went to the wrong side. ;)

Why didn't you look at GMs? Too much $? Could have gotten a nice, reliable 06-07 CCSB 6.0 for about the same money...

Thanks!

Yeah, i know on the brand loyalty. I was a die hard Chevy guy till my Fiance's family came a long. Now my life is just plain easier when i drive a Ford, plus when it breaks i can complain to them that its a Ford. Haha.

Honestly, i dont care what brand it is. After my 6.5L i went to a 2005 Toyota Corolla to help me finish out school, and let me tell you it was a nice car, excellent MPG with zero issues in 60K miles, and it had 225K when i bought it! My job has changed and now i required a full 4-door truck.

Was looking at Duramaxes, but couldnt find anything clean for a decent price in the NYS and surrounding areas.

Honestly the thing that scares me most about this truck is cam phasers, exhaust manifold issues, spark plug issues ect. Hopefully its a good truck. If not ill blame it on her family lol.

You just need a die hard front plate that says "I would rather Push a Chevy then Drive a Ford!"

Along with the AAA sticker on the back window. :p My Dodge has a faded but current one... :facepalm:

You just need a die hard front plate that says "I would rather Push a Chevy then Drive a Ford!"

Along with the AAA sticker on the back window. :p My Dodge has a faded but current one... :facepalm:

Haha, i do have AAA!

I'm already thinking an issue may be surfacing, like cam phasers!
When it warms up it gets "tickey".

Give that thing an oil bath. I've been doing it for years. Seems to work pretty good at slowing down the rust

X2 - If you plan to keep it, get ahead of the rust as the superduty's *do* rust big-time and all over the place, just say-in. Check forums like PSN for how to prioritize rust remediation.

Or . . . Just skip the rustproofing and let the truck return back to the earth on its own which will give another opportunity to go shopping for a truck again.

Yeah, my plan was to undercoat it before this season. But that isn't going to happen now. I'm either going to spray some oil underneath it to get me by this winter or spray cans of something.

I was going to Ziebart it, but ive heard better luck with Rust Check. Its also much cheaper and more oily instead of rubbery paint.

Back