• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Made the switch to Rotella T

12ga diesel

Jack of all, Master of none
Reaction score
Went out to Farm & Fleet this morning to pick up a few things, and decided that with how many good things I have hear a lot of guys on here talk up Rotella and figured that if many guys are using in $200k+ farm equipment, that it has to be pretty good. I went and returned the 3 gallons of Delvac 1 ($88 worth) and got 3 gallons of Rotella T on sale for $8.99 a gallon. Will be doing the oil change later today and hope to have some good results in the future.

I have had good luck with Shell Rotella T 15W-40. Its cheap and you can find it about anywhere. Alot of trucking companies run it in their trucks and have good results.

The Shell Rotella brand is a good line of oils, many large trucking companys are using it. For the price, it is worth it. With the winter temps, I like to use a synthetic, but I have been thinking about going back to the Shell Rotella since it is so cost affordable.

Well over 100k miles and never uses more than a quart in 5k to 7.5k oil changes. Good quality at a good price.
12Ga, did you go to the Sycamore F & F? That's about a 5 minute drive for me from our cabin (retirement home if we ever sell the farm) up there.

i use it in everything. the wife's car, the s10, hell even in my lawnmower. the best part is that i can get it in 2.5 gallon jugs. you throw the 2.5 gallon jugs in with a fumoto valve and it makes oil changing retard proof on our trucks.

Well over 100k miles and never uses more than a quart in 5k to 7.5k oil changes. Good quality at a good price.
12Ga, did you go to the Sycamore F & F? That's about a 5 minute drive for me from our cabin (retirement home if we ever sell the farm) up there.

No, Woodstock, about 10-15 minutes from me. They have plenty of my $$$$! Stuff for the truck, clothes, boots, and just about anything else they sell there. The only F&F's I have been to are the Woodstock and Janesville, WI stores.

i use it in everything. the wife's car, the s10, hell even in my lawnmower. the best part is that i can get it in 2.5 gallon jugs. you throw the 2.5 gallon jugs in with a fumoto valve and it makes oil changing retard proof on our trucks.

Where do you find the 2.5 gallon jugs? I have only ever seen the 1 gallon jug, 5 gallon bucket, and 55 gallon drum.

Where do you find the 2.5 gallon jugs? I have only ever seen the 1 gallon jug, 5 gallon bucket, and 55 gallon drum.
I get my 2.5 gallon jugs of Rotella at TSC (Tractor Supply). And, it is usually cheaper unlike the 1 gallon jugs that are usually MORE expensive than the quart bottles.

JP

When I have seen the 2.5 gallon jugs at Wal-Mart, they are usually more expensive than buying the gallon jugs.

I've seen that also. They've usually got 5gal pails that are in the neighborhood of $36... a big savings when the gallons are $9 and change.

Since we got the truck in my sig, we've run nothing but Rotella-T (conventional oil, white bottle). We even put it in the John Deere 330 garden tractor now too. Great stuff. Probably just engine condition with nothing to do with oil, but I go through just a tiny bit (barely measurable) every 5K with the truck at about 190K, and I hope that the Rotella keeps it that way.

TSC. i've never seen them anywhere else. and i've never been able to get a 5 gallon bucket of it for $36. that's pretty cheap.

TSC. i've never seen them anywhere else. and i've never been able to get a 5 gallon bucket of it for $36. that's pretty cheap.

Man, I need one of those near me. The only one I have ever been to is the one I believe in Galesburg when my wife was at college in Monmouth, and I loved it. $36 for the 5 gallon pale is really good. I should look next time I'm at F&F to see what they want for the 5 gallon pale.

Back