• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Made my first pass

04llygmc

Recruit
Reaction score
Went to the track for the first time last night. Best was a 13.1. My first pass I tried 2wd that worked well :rolleyes:, ran a 15.2. I need to work on my 60ft. times. The best I could muster was a 2.20. I also learned that super swampers don't work that well for racing. Weird feeling when all tires loose traction. Was really neat to bark all the tires though :biggrin5:. Next time I will try my toyo at's that should make a world of a difference. I lowered my tire pressure and had my springs clamped t-bars down ect.

NIce! How'd that Cheetah sound screamin down the track? I need to work on my 60' times too. I think miy best was a 2.30 or something like that. Not that impressive!! What was your MPH on the best run?

Turbo sounded amazing, even the announcer made a comment about it. Something about never hearing a duramax sound like that. On my fastest run my speed was 105. I feel I could have gotten in the 12's with some traction. My buddy ran his 06 d-max there that is only running a mild efi tune, stock exhaust, air box, no lift pump, and he broke into the 14.7's. I think it is the most fun I have had for 20 bucks. We were there from about 5-8 pm and made 7 passes, and we could have ran more.

Which track did you go to? That was a good speed. The Traction thing killed me. I think my best 1/8th time converted to about a 14.3 or somewhere in there. Did you get any video so we can hear it scream down the track?

We went to Osceola Dragway. Sorry no video, some asshat took it with him while he was racing, instead of leaving it for the wife :banghead:

Back