• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Made it.

You guys are cutting into my gopher shooting time, which is cutting into my income tax preparation, which is cutting into a bearing roll-in on the Mack, which is cutting into my dyno time .. . . . . . . . . .

.22 LR?

Are you going to paste your engine thread here now?

Hey man, I live on the prairies. I use my 22lr when I go up north moose hunting and need to eat a bush chicken for supper. ):h I shoot a 17hmr, 223, 308 or 50BMG :holyshirt: at the gophers. Funny thing is that my hand reloaded 223 shells are cheaper to shoot than the 17hmr this year so it is getting a little more attention. In the 22's defence, I will likely take it out this weekend as it just got a brand new Volquartsen trigger assembly on it.

Once I see how this site pans out and when I get some more progress on the engine I will probably post here, maybe there as well. The hard block only has another week or two before it is finished setting up. The crankshaft is at the machine shop but I have not had time to go fondle it yet. Stupid income tax has really cramped my style this week.

Hey man, good to see ya over here. As far as posting your build "over there", -I say screw 'em.

Besides, anyone who's worth their weight in shit is here anyway.

Sorry, I'm ranting.

The new owners over there can go piss up a rope.

-Does it really take the block filler that long to set up? :biggrin5:

They suggest four weeks. I have heard many say that there will be no core shift after a week. I am playing it safe, first time I have done it on a 6.5. Who knows, it might be the last time. I do not mind being a guinea pig.

I'm really curious about how it's going to work out. I'm no expert, but I really don't see the need for much cooling that far down in the jackets. Hopefully it stiffens the thing up like you want.

While it may not be a 100% solution, it's surely bound to help. I'm really curious to see if the cooling is compromised any, -if at all.

Please keep us posted on your build, I for one am curious about what you're doing.

I'd post-up the unfortunate incident of my 18:1 build, -but I'll save that for another thread! Notice how the truck in my signature is kind of "bare", -that's because it is minus an engine right now (going for round two).

Coming soon!

Back