• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

M1078 2.5t for my Burb

FellowTraveler

Reaction score
I'm considering a trade my Burb for a 1996 M1078 w/13k miles needs windshield, outside drivers door handle, and 1 or more tires.

I'd like input from those of you who know the M1078 and possible pitfalls etc.

One of my off roadin buddy has one. Beast. Not the coziest ride. The CTIS system has the normal leak at wheel location, but if you get it let me know and I'll get you some part numbers and source for what is being sold in the $1000 range for around$220.

Get a centrifuge. 4 1/4 or 5 gallons of oil each time adds up quick, and those cats put some soot in the oil.

Other than that, carefully choose your McDucks drive through hehe. I say go for it, they are WONDERFUL mud trucks.

One of my off roadin buddy has one. Beast. Not the coziest ride. The CTIS system has the normal leak at wheel location, but if you get it let me know and I'll get you some part numbers and source for what is being sold in the $1000 range for around$220.

Get a centrifuge. 4 1/4 or 5 gallons of oil each time adds up quick, and those cats put some soot in the oil.

Other than that, carefully choose your McDucks drive through hehe. I say go for it, they are WONDERFUL mud trucks.

I'll have to think long and hard as I would need expensive equipment to access data on these unless there is another way. I know highway gearsets are available to improve mpg's considering building it out as a expo/camper............

Back