• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lug nut covers.

Thanks @BIGR. It was the first link. Thanks for the offer @Stoney. I need to buy them or send a link to Discount Tire. They rotated my tires and the person doing the passenger side just pushed them on. Lost 14 of the 16 covers (not the center caps luckily). They ordered new ones but it was for newer stuff and didn't fit. So the manager said he would try again. That was 2 weeks ago. So I'm either going to buy them and send them a bill or send him the link and make them buy them.

Thanks @BIGR. It was the first link. Thanks for the offer @Stoney. I need to buy them or send a link to Discount Tire. They rotated my tires and the person doing the passenger side just pushed them on. Lost 14 of the 16 covers (not the center caps luckily). They ordered new ones but it was for newer stuff and didn't fit. So the manager said he would try again. That was 2 weeks ago. So I'm either going to buy them and send them a bill or send him the link and make them buy them.

I hope they get you fixed up, they should, it's their bad. Seems like anymore workers are careless or just dont pay attention to detail.

Years ago I was in a hurry to get my oil changed on my 2500HD before going out of town hunting. I ran the truck by the Chevy dealer, got the oil changed and the tires rotated. A day or so later I was at deer camp and looked at one or two of my truck wheels. There were 2 or more center cap lug tightners that were loose on each wheel. As you know, all of those hold the center cap on. I was kinda pissed and thought about calling the dealership and giving them a good scolding. I thought no, just tighten them up and let it go, I'm on vacation, no need to get my blood pressure up arguing with them on the phone.

I have seen tire shops zip those covers on with an impact!

on a side note, I did not know amazon sold the center caps! I have a set of older American racing steel rims that used to be on my truck. they look similar to the factory style ones. only issue is one rim is narrower than the rest. However I discovered that the GM center caps will fit them.

I would love to find a set of factory style rims for my rig or at least one to match the three steel rims I have, then snag a set of GM center covers for the finishing touch :D

I have seen tire shops zip those covers on with an impact!
wow. I would never go back, but I've rejected places for lesser things.

I used to have a reputable shop that I trusted because I had known the guy since high school and he knows I'm picky when it comes to my stuff. He sold out and I decided to keep using the same shop because I also knew the new owner. The new owner was the only one of the old crew that stuck around and he apparently didn't pass the message on about my particular expectations. While trying to figure something out with the TPMS system on my Tahoe, one guy leaned on my fender or set his scanner on my hood (can't remember which). Another guy let one of my stainless steel center caps fall out of a rim on to the concrete floor. I didn't ever go back.

I figure if that is the kind of treatment my stuff gets when I'm standing right there, it's anyone's guess how it will be treated when I'm not around.

one of my pet peeves are using an impact at all installing a wheel. I don't trust any of the local tire shops in my area. any time I go in for a flat repair I always request for them not to use an impact especially on the wife's car. each time I get an odd look from the guy doing the work.

I was at a walmart (not by choice) having to get a flat fixed. I stood right there and asked the fella not to use the impact. he looked at me and said that was all they have to use! needless to say I pulled out my tire iron and showed him how to install a tire so someone could actually get it off on the side of the road!!

Back