• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Low Sulfur Diesel?

iamdave0887

Here Comes Chaos.....
Reaction score
Found the Cumberland Farms(Used to be Thorntons until they were bought out recently) next door to my job installed a brand new Diesel pump a few weeks ago and on it a new sticker that says the same as the following photo. The picture isn't mine but the sticker is the same.

diesel-warning-low-sulfur.jpg

I didn't know it was still around? What are the chances that it's really 500 PPM Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel and not ULSD?

I know the LSD will lubricate better than the ULSD that's mainstream pretty much everywhere now. Any other benefits to running LSD in my trucks?

Any way i can tell if its ULSD or LSD? I'm guessing the higher sulfur content would make the LSD smell more heating oil like? Sort of a rotten egg smell.

This is fuel that doesn't meet the ULSD specs. So it can be anything under 500PPM but over ULSD specs. Testing it is the only way to know as there isn't any dye in it.

So the sulfur could be just over spec giving you no benefit over the ULSD fuel. It is usually 10 cents cheaper here per gal at the Quick Trip.

Even on the 2008 I found no difference. (Oops seen the sticker too late and also did not know it was still around, but, no damage 60K later from it. As also seen on Mexican run Duramax engines with only LSD available...)

Back