• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Low Coolant Light

cornemuse

Reaction score
I replaced the radiator in my '84 Blazer 6.2 & since then the low coolant light sporadically comes on, hot & cold engine. (level is not low) The new radiator is aluminium with plastic resevoirs on the ends (where the sensor screws in) I replaced the sensor, but this didnt cure anything. The sensor is plastic, so grounding isnt (shouldnt be) any issue.
Any ideas?

-corne-

Connector seems a tight fit.

the ground your hunting for doesn't exist anymore. the rad itself was the ground. try running a ground wire right to the sensor body itself.

Not true. The sensor grounds through the coolant so radiator tank material is irrelavent. So any resistance or bad connections will trip the light. I have used both brass and plastic radiators ok with the light and the low coolant light is generally useless anyway. Too much crud builds up on them so when you have a sudden loss of coolant the light doesn't come on until the sensor dries off.

Did you clean up the sensor while moving it to the new radiator?

I would make sure you have a new ground strap between the body, engine, and frame.

Back