• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Low boost despite upgrades.

Yeah, it'd have to be bought. I don't know the exact specs on the HX40wII as far as turbine size goes, but the 76/64 turbine wheel in mine, combined with a 14cm housing, spools almost perfect for me. I was lucky and managed to find a Holset 14cm wastegated housing for an HX40, but your best bet would be to buy a HX35 turbine housing and have it machined out to fit the turbine wheel. An HX35 would be pretty much drop in if you have already have an HX40wII. Thought depending on where you bought it, I'm measure it up for the wheels. I got a turbo once that was suppose to be an HX40wII with a 14cm housing (all I wanted was the housing advertised) but what I ended up with was a HX35 with a 10cm housing. Careful what you buy from some companies. I built my turbo for around $600 and it has been a beast

I spent today wiring in an indicator light to signal when the boost switch and solenoid valve are "on" and the relay is putting power to the "go juice" pump. That will let me dial in the boost switch and act as a clue if the lights on but I don't get a response.

What are the details on your turbo, exactly? "I'm running an HX40" is open to much debate on actual specs and how it'll perform. If it's the CKO version, it's running exactly like I'd expect it to (poorly)

Yeah, it'd have to be bought. I don't know the exact specs on the HX40wII as far as turbine size goes, but the 76/64 turbine wheel in mine, combined with a 14cm housing, spools almost perfect for me. I was lucky and managed to find a Holset 14cm wastegated housing for an HX40, but your best bet would be to buy a HX35 turbine housing and have it machined out to fit the turbine wheel. An HX35 would be pretty much drop in if you have already have an HX40wII. Thought depending on where you bought it, I'm measure it up for the wheels. I got a turbo once that was suppose to be an HX40wII with a 14cm housing (all I wanted was the housing advertised) but what I ended up with was a HX35 with a 10cm housing. Careful what you buy from some companies. I built my turbo for around $600 and it has been a beast

A 60/64/14 with a 6 blade comp and 10 blade turbine would be the "Super 40". You really want the 10blade turbine wheel with that 14cm T3, trust me. Is it twin scroll or open?

Mine is a 12 blade turbine. I chose it over the 10 blade for spooling reasons. I actually don't believe the 10 blade to be any superior over the 12. It may have better top end, but the way the injection pump is designed, the fueling up high just wasn't enough to warrant the extra flow from the 10 blade, while I think the 12 blade's extra spooling would help make the most efficient use out of the heavy down low fueling. Mine is a billet 7 blade 60/86 compressor wheel, and is a twin scroll 14cm housing with the 76/64 turbine wheel

Here is the message I sent them:

My pump won't start the truck when it's hot. It will start if I pour cold water on the pump. I thought this was a rebuilt pump? I've got a lot of time into the install, plus gaskets and labor. I'm going to be stuck using it now to tow my four 10k trailers from NY to the Tennessee / Virginia border. I bought the upgraded pump just for this towing. Please advise what you can do to try to make this right.

Back