• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Love the 90's trucks gmc ,chevy

biggjdogg

Reaction score
Hey guys my names Jack i am the proud owner of a 1993 Gmc Sierra i love it and im fixing it up and getting it ready for a 4.8 turbo swap in near future it has 123000 on it now and has a near perfect body bed and interior perfect candidate. the 4.3 runs like a v8 and runs flawless with a 700 r4 trans its actually easy on gas for now just not a whole lot of power i figure the 4.8 turbo will give it enough and b reliable for many years to come any help on swaps would b welcome thanks guys ...look forward to learning more and helping when i can ill never bash or redicule anyone thanks again

Hello Jack, welcome to thetruckstop.
I once owned a 1993 GMC K1500. What a great truck, extended cab too. For some reason I was thinking it had the 4L60E transmission.
A little word of advice, with those miles, if You are planning on keeping the 4.3 L engine in there, please install a new timing chain/sprocket set and, jack up the engine, drop the pan and shove a new oil pump onto the enjun.
You wont be sorry that You did.

The 5.3L is a better engine esp. for loaded MPG. Better yet is to use a LS2 6.0L engine. The 6.0L likely won't even need a turbo. The 5.3's with a turbo are fun though.

Hello Jack, welcome to thetruckstop.
I once owned a 1993 GMC K1500. What a great truck, extended cab too. For some reason I was thinking it had the 4L60E transmission.
A little word of advice, with those miles, if You are planning on keeping the 4.3 L engine in there, please install a new timing chain/sprocket set and, jack up the engine, drop the pan and shove a new oil pump onto the enjun.
You wont be sorry that You did.
Thanks guys i apreciate it the 4.8 in my friends truck with turbo is nasty and their cheap thats what i have so im gonna use it the 327 was always my favorite engine i am gonna get a 5.3 near future thanks guys

So you got a 4.3L V6 with a TBI. That's a 160 HP engine. Yeah, any V8 will be an upgrade. 1994 V6's for pickups had 200 HP (as well as CPI starting on 1992 in the S-10 Blazer line. )

Back